Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Animals 5.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pottel View Post
    FFS man. been so keen on getting my grubby little hands on this, yet another delay.

was any reason mentioned as to why it is being delayed(again)?
    How can something that's never had an official announcement be delayed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    oh you know what i mean R.
    ...any Floyd, is good floyd....
    visit the #1 Knopfler forum in the world at:

www.amarkintime.org/forum

1994.09.02, Werchter Festival Grounds - PF
    2011.06.18, ESPRIT Arena, Düsseldorf - RW
    2013.07.20, Werchter Festival Grounds --> full circle - RW
    2015.09.19, König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen - DG
    2016.07.28, Grote Markt, Tienen - DG
    2018.09.08, Stadsschouwburg, Antwerpen - NM
    2021.05.19, Messe+Congress Centrum Halle, Münster - NM......YESSSSSSS

Thanks

I agree. What we need is an official announcement. June 30 or September 30 I don’t care. Just put a real date out there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Simmons View Post
    Okay so it's been nearly a year since Roger announced the release of the new Animals mix, and still nothing. I highly doubt this is coming out in June, let alone the next 3 months. Considering the time its taking, maybe Guthrie has been busy restoring some of the 75-77 tour to make the boxset worth buying. Seriously, for those who don't have a 5.1 system like myself, this boxset is pretty much pointless, unless you want the remix on vinyl and cd, as well as the original version. I don't want to be anymore negative about this but lets face it, this 'boxset' that is being advertised is going to flop.
    Funny thing is I'll most likely buy the boxset regardless if it has any other material on it.
    I'm in the same boat really. Happy for those that get into 5.1 mixes, but I'll easily skip it since there's no live stuff being included. I am curious about the new stereo mix, but in the past I loved the AMLOR and OBC remixes for a few weeks before shelving them and never playing them again. I fell in love with the band based on the original mixes, and those still hold up well for me. Not trying to put down on the product, as I am sure what *IS* included will be really well done. There's just nothing there for *me*, which is fine. I hope others enjoy the hell out of it. I definitely enjoyed seeing Roger Waters get catty over it like a Jr. High student on twitter, so I have that to chuckle about.

Thanks

From a 2018 Analogue Productions catalog:
    Animals in SACD 2018-12.jpg
    Last edited by Swirling Panpot; 2022-05-27 at 06:07 PM.
    Floyd First Since 1978

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swirling Panpot View Post
    From a 2018 Analogue Productions catalog:
    Animals in SACD 2018-12.jpg
    That's wasn't an official announcement, more like jumping the gun. Just like Roger did by posting the album cover w/hype sticker.

Thanks

surely it's time is soon or never, most fans really interested are probably early/mid 50s at best. if they delay it much longer there may not be many people interested left ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herring8 View Post
    surely it's time is soon or never, most fans really interested are probably early/mid 50s at best. if they delay it much longer there may not be many people interested left ?
    Pink Floyd’s fan base is not evaporating. Look around at some of the Floyd Facebook groups and stuff like that. There’s people who were barely out of preschool when The Endless River came out that are getting into the band. Floyd, Zep, The Beatles… they will be making new fans long after we are all gone. If we were on a Traffic message board, sadly, I’d say you are spot on. Lots of great stuff from that era is slowly getting forgotten about, but not Floyd.
    Last edited by Lennyif; 2022-05-28 at 03:48 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    Pink Floyd’s fan base is not evaporating. Look around at some of the Floyd Facebook groups and stuff like that. There’s people who were barely out of preschool when The Endless River came out that are getting into the band. Floyd, Zep, The Beatles… they will be making new fans long after we are all gone. If we were on a Traffic message board, sadly, I’d say you are spot on. Lots of great stuff from that era is slowly getting forgotten about, but not Floyd.
    I think also PF wouldn’t be shopping around their catalog for millions if it were only elderly boomers that were still interested.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diw View Post
    I think also PF wouldn’t be shopping around their catalog for millions if it were only elderly boomers that were still interested.
    Nine figures if we are going by the Dylans, Neil Youngs, and Chili Peppers of the world.