Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Animals 5.1

Thanks
    Thanked 4,142 Times in 50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    If there's a new 5.1 mix then a new stereo mix is also very likely.
    Not necessarily. Remember than the 5.1 mixes of Dark Side and WYWH were done but they decided not to release a new stereo mix (even if they had the opportunity to do it).
    If they use the same approach than the Immersion box sets, it would mean the regular stereo mix on CD, the new 5.1 mix and original stereo mix in hi-res audio, plus some other bonus (live?).

Of course, since the Immersion box sets we had the stereo remix of Amused To Death (maybe Roger was not fully satisfied with the 1992 mix?) and the stereo remixes of Meddle (not fully approved) and Obscured By Clouds (which added clarity but removed the "life" off the tracks).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOB View Post
    Not necessarily. Remember than the 5.1 mixes of Dark Side and WYWH were done but they decided not to release a new stereo mix (even if they had the opportunity to do it).
    If they use the same approach than the Immersion box sets, it would mean the regular stereo mix on CD, the new 5.1 mix and original stereo mix in hi-res audio, plus some other bonus (live?).

Of course, since the Immersion box sets we had the stereo remix of Amused To Death (maybe Roger was not fully satisfied with the 1992 mix?) and the stereo remixes of Meddle (not fully approved) and Obscured By Clouds (which added clarity but removed the "life" off the tracks).
    I'm pretty sure that there will be a new stereo mix, that's my bet.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that there will be a new stereo mix, that's my bet.
    Cool! I hope that pans out. As others have mentioned, I really hope they can get some live stuff together, too. If not, at least we have the awesome JFE compilation.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,618 Times in 109 Posts

I'd like to think I set some kind of bar for not just throwing out a board tape in stereo like they did for that tired BBC performance on the Dark Side bluray. I mean, if some fan can do that with audience recordings, they couldn't possibly be OK with just cheap and quick again right? Probably delusional but I can fantasize.

Thanks

I welcome any re-do of Animals. It was always so muddy and hard on the ears.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimfisheye View Post
    I'd like to think I set some kind of bar for not just throwing out a board tape in stereo like they did for that tired BBC performance on the Dark Side bluray. I mean, if some fan can do that with audience recordings, they couldn't possibly be OK with just cheap and quick again right? Probably delusional but I can fantasize.
    You spoiled us and ruined all future archival official releases.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 146 Posts

You spoiled us and ruined all future archival official releases.

Another ha ha and indeed!

And yes, I was referring earlier to you in my link to the Hoffman forum. Thanks for the continued information!

Thanks

Soo, what are the chances of some newly mastered soundboard from the animals tour coming along with the album?
    They must have done a few recordings back then to try out that new glorious 40channel midas they got

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaisonas View Post
    Soo, what are the chances of some newly mastered soundboard from the animals tour coming along with the album?
    They must have done a few recordings back then to try out that new glorious 40channel midas they got
    None
    lol

Stick around here for the best live recordings.

Cheers
    YYZ

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 146 Posts