Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Animals 5.1

Thanks

You guys don't need to keep linking to my posts on SHF. I post here as well in case you didn't notice.

Yes, all the gigs were recorded on a Nak via the soundboard and those tapes are still around. While I can't publicly reveal any details I can say that the inclusion of one/any of these recordings is up in the air.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2018-04-18 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 146 Posts

I am (obviously) the "you guys"; apologies for the hyperlinks. I was trying to offer specifics regarding the most recent linked comment here, without copying/pasting from SHF. More kind of playing with making the links.... Anyway, of course, you're right, and thanks always for your keeping us at the forefront of the Pink Floyd scene these many, many years!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Yes, all the gigs were recorded on a Nak via the soundboard and those tapes are still around. While I can't publicly reveal any details I can say that the inclusion of one/any of these recordings is up in the air.
    Well, fingers crossed on that then. At least there's hope!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    You guys don't need to keep linking to my posts on SHF. I post here as well in case you didn't notice.

So that means the release date is still far away?

Thanks

And what about the London footage ?

As Brian Humphries himself revealed in this French Rock & Sound magazine, on June, 2th 1977:
    (...) To judge objectively their own show, they (the group) even asked a cameraman to film rehearsals and a complete concert. At the projection, we found some errors of set up which were rectified then

02.06.1977 'La sono du PF' - Le haut parleur 1.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfloyd View Post
    So that means the release date is still far away?
    Why would anything that I posted indicate that the release date is far away?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azerty View Post
    And what about the London footage ?

As Brian Humphries himself revealed in this French Rock & Sound magazine, on June, 2th 1977:
    (...) To judge objectively their own show, they (the group) even asked a cameraman to film rehearsals and a complete concert. At the projection, we found some errors of set up which were rectified then

02.06.1977 'La sono du PF' - Le haut parleur 1.jpg
    Never heard about this before.
    Has this been confirmed to actually exist?

Thanks

What's the best way to hear 5.1 audio? Is it just a DVD/Blu Ray player hooked up with 5.1 surround sound speakers? I have a fake surround sound going with my soundbar, I wounder if that would sound decent.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,618 Times in 109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mekmad View Post
    What's the best way to hear 5.1 audio? Is it just a DVD/Blu Ray player hooked up with 5.1 surround sound speakers? I have a fake surround sound going with my soundbar, I wounder if that would sound decent.
    A soundbar is pretty much useless for even mono IMHO. Just about anything you can cobble will be better. The good news is you can scare up a surprisingly excellent system for a small investment or careful scavenging nowadays.

We started a thread in the tech corner here a little while ago. Check it out.
    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...-What-to-avoid

Ask questions. I like excellent sound but I also like frugal solutions and I believe one can have both.

Then I'll suggest you'll want to go here:
    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...-4-0-QUAD-FLAC
    Last edited by jimfisheye; 2018-04-19 at 03:50 AM.

Thanks

Thanks for the info! I had no idea there was a whole thread on the topic. I actually have most of the pieces, its just the wiring on the rear speakers that's always been the challenge. I will make of point of getting it going for 5.1 Animals and that QUAD show that you released. Thanks for you time!