Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roger Waters will return to Colombia

Thanks

Some comments about the concert in Bogotá:

A few days ago, Alfredo Villaveces was interviewed by "La W", one of the sponsors the concert. Mr. Villaveces is the owner of Move Concerts, the company that will make the concert in Bogotá and in San José, Costa Rica. He was also the man behind Roger Waters' concert in 2007, his company was Evenpro those days. We really appreciate that!

But!!!

In the interview, he said he was the biggest Pink Floyd (and relatives) colombian fan. I don't know who gave him that title, of course I am not claiming it, I am sure somebody else deserves it and also, I am sure that the biggest Pink Floyd (and relatives) colombian fan can not say this in an interview:

One of the interviewers asked him about the posibility of a David Gilmour concert in Colombia, Mr. Villaveces said: "No way, impossible, David Gilmour is retired, his latest concerts were in London in 2006". My ears could not believe it! He didn't know that Gimour recorded an album that was in top of charts in several countries, he didn't know that there was a world tour that visited South America (Brasil, Argentina and Chile) in 2015, he didn't know many other things, including the screening of David Gilmour in Pompeii in several theaters in Colombia.

Humbleness, Mr. Villaveces should work to obtain that title.

Regards.
    Last edited by saperoco; 2018-05-07 at 03:17 AM.
    aka locombiano in pinkfloyd.cl

Thanks

So I have a little question about this concert. It's going to be in a football stadium, so, does Roger uses the Battersea power station "center screen thing" when he plays in open air stadiums?? I'm wondering because if there's no roof how are they going to hang up the thing? Has he played any open air stadiums in this tour?

P.S: Also Columbia/Colombia are just two different ways of writting the exact same name, which means: land of Columbus. So no problem for me when people use either to refer to my country. But it's really funny how some fellow ultranationalist colombians (I'm not talking about anyone here, obviously, but real national fanatics I know) make a big deal about the difference. It's like if french people would complain about latin americans calling their country Francia instead of France! :lol:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danielcaux View Post
    So I have a little question about this concert. It's going to be in a football stadium, so, does Roger uses the Battersea power station "center screen thing" when he plays in open air stadiums?? I'm wondering because if there's no roof how are they going to hang up the thing? Has he played any open air stadiums in this tour?
    I think he will use the same system used in Mexico (for the free concert) and in The Desert Trip, i. e., Battersea behind the band.

Thanks

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Guess we will have to wait for the first South American shows and see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saperoco View Post
    There shouldn't be any confussion with those names. Unfortunately, between English speakers, there is always confussion (no hard feeelings ).

- Columbia: District of..., record label..., and many more.
    - Colombia: a suffered country in South America.

- Columbian: is the adjective form of Columbia.
    - Colombian: ordinary people like me.
    Well, another example:

Twitter.PNG