Thread: Live Avatar Gigs

Thanks

Default Live Avatar Gigs

The first thing I thought of when I read today's surprise news of new music recorded by ABBA in support of 'their' forthcoming Avatar tour was, could PF do a similar tour. Failing this, it would be nice to hope that, as we have advanced significantly through cassette, CD, DVD and onto 5.1 audience-shot multicam Blu-rays, that there might be the possibility one day of creating our own live avatar shows synced to existing live recordings.

If it ever does become a reality, it would be great fun to do and see. Concertgebouw 17.9.1969: Pre-FM Reels > CD-R > Avatar ProTools > Blu-ray. Using captures from the 1969 RFH rehearsal footage. Wishful thinking....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,847 Times in 127 Posts

I'm confident a lot of us would agree. It would seem possible to synchronize practically any audio with any video, even video of things that didn't happen, what with CGI-type software, yes?

The possibilities of that have fascinated and frightened me for some years........................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Journey Man View Post
    The first thing I thought of when I read today's surprise news of new music recorded by ABBA in support of 'their' forthcoming Avatar tour was, could PF do a similar tour. Failing this, it would be nice to hope that, as we have advanced significantly through cassette, CD, DVD and onto 5.1 audience-shot multicam Blu-rays, that there might be the possibility one day of creating our own live avatar shows synced to existing live recordings.

If it ever does become a reality, it would be great fun to do and see. Concertgebouw 17.9.1969: Pre-FM Reels > CD-R > Avatar ProTools > Blu-ray. Using captures from the 1969 RFH rehearsal footage. Wishful thinking....
    I would encourage it I suppose, even if I would not personally be particularly interested in watching for more than a few minutes. I kind of like using my imagination to paint the picture. I guess I just like my Floyd to remain mysterious. However, if it brings people joy, then that's all that matters. I'd certainly be curious... it really could be cool and "arty" if done well. Maybe I am more interested than I first thought? Hahah