Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Nick Mason 3 LP Box Announcement

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thebelgiangnome View Post
    I totally agree. LOL. And I don't really find AMLOR really 80s dated in comparison to Radio Kaos for example.
    Mr. Waters ' solo albums are stubbornly unwilling to linger in my mind.

What a sound, what age to give them for that to happen the other way around???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8rV...layer_embedded

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

Thanks

I find Radio KAOS a strange record. I don't play it awfully lot because I feel it's too dated, but when I play it I find that there are actually a lot of great moments that I enjoy very much.
    Some years ago I got hold on a special fan made edition that added about 6 songs to the album which actually made it much better and I listened to it a lot the following months.
    If KAOS had been a double album with more songs to flesh out the story I believe it would have been much more popular among fans. Maybe some day a real special edition will be released

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    I find Radio KAOS a strange record. I don't play it awfully lot because I feel it's too dated, but when I play it I find that there are actually a lot of great moments that I enjoy very much.
    Some years ago I got hold on a special fan made edition that added about 6 songs to the album which actually made it much better and I listened to it a lot the following months.
    If KAOS had been a double album with more songs to flesh out the story I believe it would have been much more popular among fans. Maybe some day a real special edition will be released
    Yeah those extra songs are nice indeed, but hehe I really really love this album from start to finish. My favorite Waters solo record.

I think they did start to record Radio Kaos 2 at one point, but things changed and some of those tracks ended up on ATD if I remember right.

Thanks

I like all of Roger's solo works with the exception of Ca Ira if that even counts as a Waters solo effort. When KAOS came out I purchased the CD immediately. I studied it immensely. By the time I got to see the concert in Columbus Ohio I knew every lyric and understood the story line. The concert ranks among the greatest concerts I've ever seen and I've been to a lot of concerts. I rank it #1 or at least in the top 5. The way the show was laid out was a fantastic unexpected thrill. It further cemented the story line of the KAOS album and was just very well put together beginning to end. The sound system was mind blowing. I'll never forget my glasses vibrating on my face when Welcome to the Machine started. I was at the back of the arena dead center taping the show. I figured the volume wouldn't be too much for my primitive rig at the time. I couldn't have been more wrong. I think there was a stack of subwoofers directly behind me.

If you never saw the show then I can easily see how eyebrows could be raised about the KAOS record.

I know this is the new Nick Mason boxed set thread and I apologize for discussing Roger here being so far off topic.

Moderators can delete my comments here and I wont mind at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Mark