Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roger Waters Best Seats?

Thanks

Default Seated vs standing

I noticed that quote a lot of shows have seated places on the floor of the venue, while the Amsterdam Ziggodome shows has standing tickets for the floor.

Who decides whether it is seated or standing: Roger Waters or the promoter?
    What do you prefer?
    How was this at the show you attended?

Just curious :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,289 Times in 90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mark45 View Post
    I noticed that quote a lot of shows have seated places on the floor of the venue, while the Amsterdam Ziggodome shows has standing tickets for the floor.

Who decides whether it is seated or standing: Roger Waters or the promoter?
    What do you prefer?
    How was this at the show you attended?

Just curious :-)
    I think the conventions of the management of the respective performance location or the arena decides that.

In Cologne Germany, 2018-06-11, there were only seats in the inner space. Depending on the price category,
    they were then automatically assigned by the system during the online ordering process.
    So, sadly I could not choose a special seat.

I prefer seats, as it is usually much quieter in the audience, which in turn is good for audience recordings too. ;-)
    Last edited by Pittylabelle; 2018-06-22 at 08:39 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floydforever View Post
    Just wondering if people that've seen the show could give detail on best view and sound experience.
    I'm thinking of buying tickets in this side section (number 50 on the right side) Would I see everything from there, would this be a good experience? Or does Roger come over to left more? Cheers for any help.
    In Milan, we were sitting stage right, more or less halfway the hall lenght. When I chose the tickets, I knew about the Battersea PS thing, so I wanted to avoid back seats (in selection phase, there was also a warning of suboptimal view for those seats). Only by exit, after the gig, I noticed that the BPS is not projected on both sides of one single screen, but there are actually three: two for the long sides and a smaller one for the short back "wall". This provide a sort of 3-D view for those sitting not straight front stage but in the back corners of the hall, impossible to enjoy for those sitting anywhere else. Should be nice but, of course, you're far from stage.

On sitting vs standing places in the inner space, I would argue it doesn't depend on the type of arena: in fact I noticed, also during the Wall tours, shows in the same venue might have different set up: standing one night and sitting the next one. I guess it's on the promoter to offer a different product without loss of revenues (less sitting expensive tickets equal many standing cheaper tickets).

Enjoy your show.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,912 Times in 128 Posts

Both shows I've been to had seated tickets, but almost no one sat the entire performance, and didn't seem to mind anyone standing or not. But there definitely is such a thing as too close if one wants the best visual experience of the screens... Quite glad the sound has been attended to with such precision!