Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: REVIEW Roger Waters US & THEM Tour

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Haha I was not implying that you were dense or that you couldn't keep up. just saying maybe you need to look at it a little more objectively all things considered.
    Okay, but that's not what you wrote.

I agree but as I stated earlier this is not too easy to convey coherently within the setlist.
    Not during the setlist, during Pigs 3DO. An attack on Trump/Putin/Un would not have been confusing or incoherent. I thought it was a missed opportunity and overkill by just targeting Trump (and then again during Money). Just my opinion, no right no wrong.

what you need to consider is that for most people it is a once in a lifetime or tour cycle experience and the show is designed to be as high impact as possible for the individual.
    Aiming for maximum impact is fine, but catering to the lowest common denominator and being so juvenile about it? While it says a lot about our society and many of those in attendance I simply expected a higher road from Roger.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2018-07-09 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks

Trump, Putin and Un.. 3 dictators with differing ideologies Trump is envious of the control that Putin and Un have. that's why he calls them strong and his allies weak. I agree that would seem more balanced and I would personally prefer more politics with deeper insight but I am willing to give Roger the benefit of the doubt as to whether he has full input and total control on the visuals (beyond initial outline), or it is largely handled by the art directors with Roger having it run under his nose before production. I have heard him say in the past that he trusts his staff choices (with regards to artwork) and rarely dislikes the outcome or makes changes. not saying that is the case or to make excuses as this is slightly complacent but I wouldn't let it bother me in the grand scheme of things as the music is his main craft and his top priority. the scenery might constantly change but the songs remain the same (no Zepp).

There we go a little bit of peaceful agreement.. now lets have a hug
    Rex.
    Them: "will you ever just conform?"
    Me: "Yes! one day I will die just like all the rest".

Thanks

There we go a little bit of peaceful agreement.. now lets have a hug
    We're really on the same side. Beer's on me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    We're really on the same side. Beer's on me!
    over a beer or 3 we can discuss how not to fall for the divide and rule tactic being employed so well out there in the big bad world.. and then talk Floyd for hours
    Them: "will you ever just conform?"
    Me: "Yes! one day I will die just like all the rest".

Thanks

over a beer or 3 we can discuss how not to fall for the divide and rule tactic being employed so well out there in the big bad world.. and then talk Floyd for hours
    Count me in gents! I guess a cyber beer will have to do. Haha