Thread: Green Is The Colour ... Roger Waters - European Tour 2018 Limited Edition 2-Vinyl!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 98 Posts

Default Green Is The Colour ... Roger Waters - European Tour 2018 Limited Edition 2-Vinyl!

Marking the current dates of the Roger Waters Us + Them European tour 2018, it is now officially confirmed that Sony Music are releasing a special, green double vinyl edition of his recent album, Is This The Life We Really Want?, exclusive to Europe.

The edition is limited and numbered, and we suggest that those of you interested in adding this lovely looking release to their collections, get your orders placed early as it won't hang around for long.

The album will appear in selected stores from July 6th (a couple of weeks time) and can be ordered through the following direct links: Amazon UK, Amazon France, Amazon Germany, Amazon Spain and Amazon Italy. If you reside outside these countries, please note that all Amazon stores ship vinyl worldwide. Also, using our Amazon links helps us hugely with ongoing site running costs and we really appreciate it!

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pittylabelle; 2018-07-05 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks

Ordered mine from Amazon UK. It's on the way!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,051 Times in 134 Posts

Ha! many thanks indeed to Pittylabelle for this useful bit - I'll definitely lighten the wallet for this.

Thanks

Received my copy today.

Except for the green vinyl, the new sticker and a new article number so far no difference can be identified. Also the download card for the digital copy is included. Well, I would not have expected anything else.

The green vinyl, however, is more "marbled green", and not like in the previous preview by Sony Music.

Has anyone discovered any other differences?

My copy has a silver stamp with "No. 005821" in the lower right corner, directly on the front side of the cover.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,051 Times in 134 Posts

Good to hear about the download card, mine is not scheduled for several days though.......

Thanks

I got mine today. It looks really nice!
    Mine is No 007500
    I wonder how many there are.

Thanks

There is still some confusion about the amount of the complete edition. Could not yet find a definitive statement on the web.
    Some claim 10,000 other 20,000 copies. How high must a limitation be? Actually, then again it's nearly a "regular" edition. ;-)

Do not really understand why this re-release was released in green vinyl. That would have been better suited to Radio K.A.O.S., right?
    For example one LP in black and the other one in white might have been a better decision.
    Last edited by Pittylabelle; 2018-07-10 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pittylabelle View Post
    There is still some confusion about the amount of the complete edition. Could not yet find a definitive statement on the web.
    Some claim 10,000 other 20,000 copies. How high must a limitation be? Actually, then again it's nearly a "regular" edition. ;-)

Do not really understand why this re-release was released in green vinyl. That would have been better suited to Radio K.A.O.S., right?
    For example one LP in black and the other one in white might have been a better decision.
    I wish Roger would make releases like Gilmour's solo stuff. Whatever you think about Rattle That Lock, there's no denying that the box was very well done.

I really wish there was a surround sound version of ITTLWRW?.

Live shows? Gilmour had his little acoustic show released, followed by 2 shows from his OAL tour and one from his RTL tour.

Roger had one from ITF and one from The Wall, but nothing from 2006-2008. Hope the rumours that U+T will have an official video release pans out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by triply View Post
    I wish Roger would make releases like Gilmour's solo stuff. Whatever you think about Rattle That Lock, there's no denying that the box was very well done.

I really wish there was a surround sound version of ITTLWRW?.

Live shows? Gilmour had his little acoustic show released, followed by 2 shows from his OAL tour and one from his RTL tour.

Roger had one from ITF and one from The Wall, but nothing from 2006-2008. Hope the rumours that U+T will have an official video release pans out.
    Although only out on VHS, he also released a shortened version of his 1984 concert. So actually all of his solo tours have been represented by an official release
    I wish the same could be said with Roger. I wish P&C and KAOS tours were filmed and released.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    Although only out on VHS, he also released a shortened version of his 1984 concert. So actually all of his solo tours have been represented by an official release
    I wish the same could be said with Roger. I wish P&C and KAOS tours were filmed and released.
    Yes, I remember that Gilmour VHS! I bought it off Ebay even though it was NTSC and I could only play PAL! I waited till the show was (ahem!) more accessible!