Thread: in September another release of pink floyd

Thanks

Default in September another release of pink floyd

in September another release of pink floyd

It is part of the discography of the band and never published on vinyl. Launch confirmation is missing and in a few days the official announcement will be made.

Animals boxt set, Master Of Rock, Is There Anybody Out There ?, A Nice Pair? ..... Any other direct? ....

Jose Abellan
    www.animalspinkfloydmagazine.com

Thanks

I'd happily buy a vinyl version of ITAOT.

Lets wait and see what they come with.
    R.M.

Thanks

Last edited by Roscoe59; 2018-07-18 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks

A Foot in the Door...
    Not too bad. It will surely make for an interesting vinyl release.
    As for a "greatest hits" collection I prefer Echoes. But this if fine too. The artwork will surely benefit a lot in this format.

Now, this is very interesting in the sense that "A Foot in the Door" was never released in vinyl before.
    It gives hopes to collectors that the band may be interested in completing the whole catalog in this beloved medium.
    And that would be awesome.
    Let's keep wishing they are considering a vinyl reissue of what's left: "Nice Pair", "Works", "ITAOT"... maybe even the "Echoes" 4LP boxset itself for those who still don't have it.
    R.M.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruben77 View Post
    Let's keep wishing they are considering a vinyl reissue of what's left: "Nice Pair", "Works", "ITAOT"... maybe even the "Echoes" 4LP boxset itself for those who still don't have it.
    I wonder why Works is always treated as a step-child. It wasn't remastered in 1997 on CD, it wasn't given a Japanese mini-LP treatment and it wasn't re-issued on vinyl (yet).

What sets A Collection of Great Dance Songs apart from Works?

Thanks

animals

The insistence on including Fletcher Memorial Home bothers me, as it did on Echoes, the Best Of as well. No doubt that was Roger's doing. Still an interesting vinyl choice, but I agree that Works deserves a vinyl release too! Perhaps the issue with Embryo being released on Picnic all those years ago stops this happening?

Thanks

Personally I think Fletcher Memorial Home fits very well on Echoes, but I would have be nice to have The Final Cut (title song) put on AFITD for a change, in my view it's the best song on the record.

Thanks

Thumbs down

Honestly, I would find it more interesting a reprint of Works, not this collection, .. that even if never written on vinyl, .. musically speaking does not add absolutely nothing to what we already know. Only and exclusively for serial collectors ... I will not take it ..

We could easily make the same collection at home with the mp3 or flac versions ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Lecce View Post
    Honestly, I would find it more interesting a reprint of Works, not this collection, .. that even if never written on vinyl, .. musically speaking does not add absolutely nothing to what we already know. Only and exclusively for serial collectors ... I will not take it ..

We could easily make the same collection at home with the mp3 or flac versions ...
    You're missing the point. And careful with those double negatives!