Thread: What is the policy on sharing limited edition albums on Yeeshkhul!?

Thanks

Default What is the policy on sharing limited edition albums on Yeeshkhul!?

Dear Moderators, if this thread is unsuitable I will not be at all aggrieved by it not being posted, and it not being posted, or removed would more than answer the question it poses. If this can be posted, but would be better in another part of the forum, please move it, are ask me to repost there. Please delete this first paragraph if you do think it is OK to post.

What is the current policy on sharing limited edition albums on Yeeshkhul!?

I have seen an album shared here that was only available to fan club members, or through a website subscription. This was by a well known artist but not a number 1 selling artist (not quite anyway).
    I do not wish to get the poster of that release into trouble, which is why I don’t mention the particular recording artist.

I ask as I have a copy of an album which was only available to website/fan club members at the time of release. This is by an artist pretty much comparable to Pink Floyd in stature, so is more high profile than the one I saw shared. Again I don’t wish to name the artist or album so that people don’t start PM’ing me for a copy by other means.

I have seen this particular album shared on Guitars 101, with the explanation that it was not a release that could be bought. I did look at ThePirateBay, but I think that live album is probably too obscure for there, or similar sites.

You can buy the album on Discogs, but it starts at 75!

There are other artists who have released limited edition albums which could also be considered, and tour releases like the Live Here Now, or the Encore series. There are also releases like the Pearl Jam fan club/Christmas singles. There are also the limited edition tour giveaways that quite a few bands have made.

I like the fact that Yeeshkhul! Is not as draconian as sites like Dime, where I have stopped posting as it is too much of a minefield to share anything now in my opinion. I don’t want to get the forum into legal trouble, and I am not lobbying for a change of rules. I am simply asking where the forum stands on such releases.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,158 Times in 938 Posts

First, this is a Pink Floyd tracker, so we are expert (cough...) about PF stuff.

Second, here you can find your reply : http://yeeshkul.com/forum/faq.php

Official stuff isn't allowed, but as you said, some artist have rare album from fans club ecc ecc.
    If you have doubts, before seed, contact the administrator TJmack or one of moderators, every band or artist had different sides.

We all want share and listen music, but we don't want legal problems, so if you see something, contact moderators or administrator, a help is always welcome.
    Last edited by nipote; 2018-08-25 at 07:11 PM.

One day closer to death

Thanks
    Thanked 3,072 Times in 90 Posts

There's no solid line for such things. We ALL have to make decisions on a) Is the material readily available? b) how old is it? c) are we taking any revenue from the artist and d) what's the likelihood of getting ourselves into trouble?

That being said any torrent can be removed at a moments notice without prior or reasons given. That's my prerogative being the site's owner.

Just use some common sense.

Thanks

Thank you for the replies.

Adjusting to a new tracker after using Dime for many years is taking a little time to work out the feel of Yeeshkhul!.

I will send a message to one of the moderators before posting anything that I think might cause issues.

Thank you for running a great tracker and fourm.

Jamie

Thanks
    Thanked 3,090 Times in 135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjmack View Post
    ...............Just use some common sense.
    That is too often not a characteristic associated with humans..... Except of course, at Y!