Thread: Single Camera Version Of The P.U.L.S.E (earls court) Video Recording

Thanks

Default Single Camera Version Of The P.U.L.S.E (earls court) Video Recording

http://rarepinkfloyd.pbworks.com/w/p...94%20Part%203)

In above webpage, it says that there is single cam broadcasted version available for earls court 1994-10-20 concert.

Is this real or is it mistaken for another concert?

thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

PULSE was filmed October 20th, the other videos mentioned there from Earls Court (one camera only) are from other dates.

For October 20th the page you linked says "The concert was broadcast live on a German channel and on Canal +. from the left side."
    But that's probably wrong, as the PPV broadcast was the same for the several countries in Europe. And of course it was multicam.

I think the "depuis la partie gauche/from the left side." of the text in the page is a mistake (they forgot to erase part of the text) from a previous entry, as it starts in lower case.
    R.M.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruben77 View Post
    PULSE was filmed October 20th, the other videos mentioned there from Earls Court (one camera only) are from other dates.

For October 20th the page you linked says "The concert was broadcast live on a German channel and on Canal +. from the left side."
    But that's probably wrong, as the PPV broadcast was the same for the several countries in Europe. And of course it was multicam.

I think the "depuis la partie gauche/from the left side." of the text in the page is a mistake (they forgot to erase part of the text) from a previous entry, as it starts in lower case.
    Thank you very much for the clarification, I understood.

But I think German Broadcast is little different to the PPV Broadcast because I watched them both, the German version contain different camera angle in some areas.

Are there any other different versions available (without considering official version? (I mean different camera angles to German version And to the PPV version)

thank you.

Thanks

I know that some angles were different (I remember the VHS recording of the French channel broadcast from CANAL +) and the P.U.L.S.E DVD were they "corrected" some angles and a few glitches.
    But if the German broadcast (was it an "on air" broadcast, or broadcast several times before getting edited) is totally different with an alternate angle (always from the "left" side ?) well, this is very very interesting...
    Last edited by abronsius; 2018-09-04 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by abronsius View Post
    I know that some angles were different (I remember the VHS recording of the French channel broadcast from CANAL +) and the P.U.L.S.E DVD were they "corrected" some angles and a few glitches.
    But if the German broadcast (was it an "on air" broadcast, or broadcast several times before getting edited) is totally different with an alternate angle (always from the "left" side ?) well, this is very very interesting...
    No German version was not filmed from left side, it's similar to pulse and ppv but some areas there were different camera angles for some parts.
    I have 2DVDs downloaded from guitars101, but I saw low quality clip in youtube from German broadcast.

Eg:- Here is comfartably Numb Solo Part from German broadcast,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddkaZEKPflA

1. for quick example at 0:42 guitar is showing in this version which is not present either pulse or ppv version.
    2. at 4:09 guitar is not showing in this version which is present in ppv and pulse
    3. there are more if you check them.

thank you!

Thanks

I had a version that was broadcast live on a channel called Filmnet. It was multi cam. When it was shown on the BBC a month later I didn't notice any differences and later taped over the Filmnet version. (I didn't make a direct comparison, so it's quite feasible there were a few different shots I wouldn't have spotted, but it seemed overkill to keep 2 copies of what was essentially the same thing.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten_Mokuba View Post
    I had a version that was broadcast live on a channel called Filmnet. It was multi cam. When it was shown on the BBC a month later I didn't notice any differences and later taped over the Filmnet version. (I didn't make a direct comparison, so it's quite feasible there were a few different shots I wouldn't have spotted, but it seemed overkill to keep 2 copies of what was essentially the same thing.)
    I think ideal choice may be to keep one of the Broadcasted version and the official version (because broadcasted version have unedited/uncut footage).
    but I never thought there will be different versions available for this concert, but recently I found this German version, I think it better than PPV regarding sound and also visuals but colors are so much over saturated at the moment.

Do you still have that filament version?

Thank you,
    best regards.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mal700 View Post
    Do you still have that filament version?
    Filmnet. No, I taped over it. It seemed the same as the BBC version, but inferior picture because it was a copy.