Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 146

Thread: Nick Mason USA tour

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ratingen, Germany
    Posts
    2,116
    Thanks
    764
    Thanked 864 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Front row was a steep $475 but worth every $$$. Life's short, even shorter this close to 60. Buy the damn tickets and enjoy yourselves!
    omg, best 475 ever spent Ron!
    i literally cried. best thing i saw in ages. Enjoy!
    ...any Floyd, is good floyd....
    visit the #1 Knopfler forum in the world at:

    www.amarkintime.org/forum

    1994.09.02, Werchter Festival Grounds - PF
    2011.06.18, ESPRIT Arena, Düsseldorf - RW
    2013.07.20, Werchter Festival Grounds --> full circle - RW
    2015.09.19, König Pilsener Arena, Oberhausen - DG
    2016.07.28, Grote Markt, Tienen - DG
    2018.09.08, Stadsschouwburg, Antwerpen - NM......YESSSSSSS

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Oregonistan
    Posts
    312
    Thanks
    208
    Thanked 1,300 Times in 23 Posts

    Default

    Seattle was a hell of a great time, I'll post my recording in a day or two. Bass pedalboard probs before One of These Days, we got a rushed(?) but technically full Childhood's End out of setlist sequence to cover the time they needed to fix the effects, closing out the main set rather than transitioning into ASOS. Extra performance of PMATS for a third encore after OOTD & ASOS.
    Last edited by Shamil; 2019-03-14 at 11:28 AM.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamil View Post
    Seattle was a hell of a great time, I'll post my recording in a day or two. Bass pedalboard probs before One of These Days, we got a rushed(?) but technically full Childhood's End out of setlist sequence to cover the time they needed to fix the effects, closing out the main set rather than transitioning into ASOS. Extra performance of PMATS for a third encore after OOTD & ASOS.
    Always nice to have a technical problem to throw up a slightly different set / performance.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,681
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked 901 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pottel View Post
    omg, best 475 ever spent Ron!
    i literally cried. best thing i saw in ages. Enjoy!
    Very excited for the upcoming shows. Didn't pay top dollar for those tickets either.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 104 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Very excited for the upcoming shows. Didn't pay top dollar for those tickets either.
    Yeah Ron, me too. I'm seeing them again, this time at Cambridge. We're lucky in the UK, my ticket cost less than $70

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    206
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 27 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Getting excited to see the guys in LA tomorrrow night at the Wiltern!

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Is there a Y! Meetup in LA Saturday night?

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    390
    Thanks
    162
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 209 Posts

    Default

    Very nice show at the Wiltern tonight. Excellent sound, very good playing. I was really impressed by Gary Kemp and Lee Harris. Never heard either in a live setting. Harris in particular seems to be the lead guitar virtuoso of the band. When they needed a solo he just WAILED. His Heart of the Sun solo, just WOW. My wife who doesn't know much about Syd era Floyd really had a great time and loved the guitar playing. She enjoyed the 60's pop style 4 minute numbers. Pratt is really a character in this band. Nice to hear him speak after hearing him play for years.

    Almost the 25th anniversary for me seeing Pink Floyd for the first time (San Diego 4/13/94). As an aside, April and May 1994 were a great concert months for me. Saw Pink Floyd, 9 Grateful Dead shows, a Jerry Garcia Band show at the 4000 seat Starlight Bowl and Phish at Montezuma Hall at San Diego State - capacity 1050. I taped that too (The plan was I would buy a SONY D7 on a credit card that I couldn't afford, plug into someones mics, then I would return the DAT player the next day. It worked except I lost the DAT cover at the show and had to keep the DAT and pay for the player). Karma nailed me! BTW Pink Floyd had the best sound by far of any of those shows despite being in a 60,000+ sized venue.

    Nice to hear two songs I heard that at PF in '94 too - Astronomy and One of These Days. Time flies. Astronomy was exceptionally well played - one of the best versions I've seen live and one of the highlights of the night. All the Syd stuff was a joy to see live. I kinda wished they'd played Dominoes too. Would have been a nice, slower placed number. I saw it with Gilmour at RAH.



    If you haven't seen this band your should really try. Again, there were lots of open seats - my wife and I moved to multiple locations during the show - (seats not sold or scalpers that couldn't sell) so I'm sure you could buy at the last minute on Stubhub and get a good deal for good seats at the last minute. I hope to do that for McCartney in July at Dodger stadium.
    Last edited by sframe; 2019-03-17 at 08:19 AM.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    351
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 73 Times in 5 Posts

    Default

    The San Francisco show was very good, Nick was his usual witty self.

    I had purchased balcony tickets for a friend and I, but he bailed. I resold the tickets and landed myself a very nice floor seat.

    Incidentally, Childhood's End was NOT an encore at this show, it was in the pre-encore set. The encore was Saucerful and Point Me at the Sky.

    Also, Nick Mason's playing was great. He's not all loose and flailing around like the Pompeii days, but his drumming was very good and energetic. Remember a day, Lucifer Sam, Atom Heart Mother, Set the Controls were all highlights of the show.
    Last edited by DrPhibes; 2019-03-17 at 10:24 AM.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    270
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sframe View Post
    Very nice show at the Wiltern tonight. Excellent sound, very good playing. I was really impressed by Gary Kemp and Lee Harris. Never heard either in a live setting. Harris in particular seems to be the lead guitar virtuoso of the band. When they needed a solo he just WAILED. His Heart of the Sun solo, just WOW. My wife who doesn't know much about Syd era Floyd really had a great time and loved the guitar playing. She enjoyed the 60's pop style 4 minute numbers. Pratt is really a character in this band. Nice to hear him speak after hearing him play for years.

    Almost the 25th anniversary for me seeing Pink Floyd for the first time (San Diego 4/13/94). As an aside, April and May 1994 were a great concert months for me. Saw Pink Floyd, 9 Grateful Dead shows, a Jerry Garcia Band show at the 4000 seat Starlight Bowl and Phish at Montezuma Hall at San Diego State - capacity 1050. I taped that too (The plan was I would buy a SONY D7 on a credit card that I couldn't afford, plug into someones mics, then I would return the DAT player the next day. It worked except I lost the DAT cover at the show and had to keep the DAT and pay for the player). Karma nailed me! BTW Pink Floyd had the best sound by far of any of those shows despite being in a 60,000+ sized venue.

    Nice to hear two songs I heard that at PF in '94 too - Astronomy and One of These Days. Time flies. Astronomy was exceptionally well played - one of the best versions I've seen live and one of the highlights of the night. All the Syd stuff was a joy to see live. I kinda wished they'd played Dominoes too. Would have been a nice, slower placed number. I saw it with Gilmour at RAH.



    If you haven't seen this band your should really try. Again, there were lots of open seats - my wife and I moved to multiple locations during the show - (seats not sold or scalpers that couldn't sell) so I'm sure you could buy at the last minute on Stubhub and get a good deal for good seats at the last minute. I hope to do that for McCartney in July at Dodger stadium.
    I was at the Wiltern show too. It was great to hear Nick playing confidently and to hear him at the front of the mix. It helps erase the memory of the AMLOR days. I never thought in a million years I'd see these songs (OBC/WYI) live.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •