Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunners Dream

Thanks

I wish he would do a Final Cut tour. That album deserves it. Especially in this day and age. It translates very well. Especially mingled in with things from the last album. It could be something very special. And this particular live version is brilliantly suited to Roger's voice as it is now. I enjoyed Two Suns as well!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brainysod View Post
    I wish he would do a Final Cut tour. That album deserves it. Especially in this day and age. It translates very well. Especially mingled in with things from the last album. It could be something very special. And this particular live version is brilliantly suited to Roger's voice as it is now. I enjoyed Two Suns as well!
    A Final Cut Tour? My dream of a lifetime... maybe, in another life...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ale67 View Post
    A Final Cut Tour? My dream of a lifetime... maybe, in another life...
    My dream as well. Don't think it will happen though.
    But he has played most of the album live during the last 30 odd years lol. You could put them together and get The Final Cut Live 😉

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    My dream as well. Don't think it will happen though.
    But he has played most of the album live during the last 30 odd years lol. You could put them together and get The Final Cut Live 
    Mine Too... It would be pure heaven if he did WTWB as an encore He has performed most of the album over the years and I was kinda hoping he might put something together for the remembrance day centenary, dedicated to Daddy(of course) and the rest of the fallen.

Infloyd are currently touring the full final cut album. I got their live ATD tour CD and it was surprisingly really good.
    Them: "will you ever just conform?"
    Me: "Yes! one day I will die just like all the rest".

Thanks

It's moments like this where there seems hope he'll break away from the same set every night, note for note. He also seems to have scaled down the screeching too. This is the Roger I like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brainysod View Post

Agreed! The more Final Cut, the better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Journey Man View Post
    Very good performance and nice to see a Rog cock-up at 4:05 coming in too early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut Shaft View Post
    They also transposed the music to suit his apparent vocal range. A REAL performance, and a good one at that. Nice one Rog'.
    Quote Originally Posted by demamo View Post
    He also seems to have scaled down the screeching too. This is the Roger I like.
    This is the Roger I like as well... Live, warts and all, without so much worry about sounding just like the studio LP is actually what makes this perfect to me. Very nice and great to hear more material from The Final Cut. I too would love a TFC tour and was bummed when it didn't happen in the 80s.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Mine Too... It would be pure heaven if he did WTWB as an encore He has performed most of the album over the years and I was kinda hoping he might put something together for the remembrance day centenary, dedicated to Daddy(of course) and the rest of the fallen.

Infloyd are currently touring the full final cut album. I got their live ATD tour CD and it was surprisingly really good.
    My exact thoughts... an album so close to the emotional feelings about losing a father (and a grandfather) so tragically, with no justice in terms of live performances...
    The incredibly beautiful and poignant title track never performed live, as well other gems... I know it would not match the expectations of huge audiences, but it's a shame, anyway