Thread: Any pros in pro-Tools?

Thanks

Default Any pros in pro-Tools?

I know a guy who has the master tape of West, Bruce and Laing show from 1972. He wants it remastered in Pro-Tools.
    Somebody remastered another one of his shows from 1972 in Pro-Tools, and he was amazed with the result.
    Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie_Mountain View Post
    I know a guy who has the master tape of West, Bruce and Laing show from 1972. He wants it remastered in Pro-Tools.
    Somebody remastered another one of his shows from 1972 in Pro-Tools, and he was amazed with the result.
    Thanks.
    The amazing result would have been more due to the skill of the person remastering than the tool itself.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,982 Times in 93 Posts

Yeah, it's more about the person working the tools. Just like playing the exact same Strat as Dave will not just make you sound like Dave.

PS. Protools crashed and burned about 9 years ago now FYI. It did used to be the flagship DAW app. Today, that's Reaper.
    Trying to struggle through production with an app like Protools today would be a frustrating exercise in working with limitations after being used to better tools for a good while now!
    I was a happy PT user for almost 15 years when it was king FWIW.