Thread: Which performances does not have any audio and video recordings?

Thanks

Default Which performances does not have any audio and video recordings?

Is there any one or few performances in pink floyd history without any official or bootleg audio and video recordings?

Thanks

This question has come up before:

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...-been-recorded

The short answer is that there are hundreds of performances with no recordings, but it depends on the year.

A few years are easy to deal with, like 1981 (no missing shows) and 1980 (only one missing, 1980-02-11).

In 1977, nine shows have no audio recording (we do have silent video for one). The band probably has tapes of most or all of the missing shows.

In 1975, around nine shows are missing, though we have two unidentified performances of Echoes that are probably from that year.

In 1974, around 14 shows have no circulating recordings -- 5 from France and 9 from the UK. At least two of those UK shows were taped but don't circulate.

In 1973, 16 US shows are missing (we have short fragments of two of those and silent video for a third), as well as some ballet performances at the start of the year.

In 1972, we're missing over 20 North American shows, and there are a bunch of UK shows that don't circulate (though most were taped). Mainland Europe is more complete: only one Danish show and three French shows are missing, as well as some more ballet performances.

In 1970 and 1971, there are too many missing shows to count. The only substantial period of time that's nearly complete is November 1970, with 13 shows taped out of 14.

The vast majority of shows from the 1960s have no recordings. Only three complete shows are around from 1967, for example.
    Last edited by goldenband; 2018-12-08 at 06:33 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 69 Posts

What is known of the non circulating 1972 UK shows early mortality sequences are my favourite lost tracks would love dark side without clare but with priests organ and soaring guitar

Thanks

1994 : _ el pas0 April 26th
    _ Winnipeg July 1st

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CCE338 View Post
    What is known of the non circulating 1972 UK shows early mortality sequences are my favourite lost tracks would love dark side without clare but with priests organ and soaring guitar
    I guess "a bunch" is overstating things a bit, perhaps, but we at least know that pretty much all the February 1972 shows exist on tape (it's been publicly mentioned on Echoes and elsewhere).

I don't recall whether 1972-03-29 Manchester exists as well, but if it does then the first missing show of the year would be Tampa 1972-04-14.

I also don't remember if both Brighton shows in June were taped. Did we confirm that the professional recording and the audience tape were from the same date? Was there some speculation that it might actually be the 29th, rather than the 28th as labeled?