Thread: Seeding on Android phone?

Thanks

Wink Seeding on Android phone?

Well, the inevitable happened. Finally ditched my cable provider 100%.

I ONLY have mobile phone internet now and I'm quite happy doing so.

Now, the issue. I apologise if this has been addressed elsewhere.

I can seed using my existing laptop and my phone as a hotspot, but as we know, cellphone providers tend to throttle once we have reached our allotted Giggery per month (unlimited my arse). So ... I've tried different Android torrent apps and can't seem to seed using my phone directly unless hotspotted to a slow-arse PC or my laptop with Windozing...

Is there an EASY way to seed on an Android phone? Have I just not found the right torrent app yet? I've tried uTorrent, TorrDoid and the ubiquitous BitTorrent from Android, a few others and none of them seem to work.

Ideas? Thanks in advance, Y! family ...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,140 Times in 92 Posts

Get yourself a dirt cheap seedbox package from US$2-$3 a month. Far better than relying on expensive data charges on mobile internet in order to seed.

You'll be able to control it via your browser on your phone. Some packages even have dedicated Android apps for remote control.

You'll still have to rely on mobile internet to get your files to and from the seedbox server though.

Thanks

Fantastic - thank you TJ! I will definitely look into this method.

Cheers

Thanks

just to confirm what TJ suggested, id been looking into a seedbox for a while

I finally took the plunge with a seedbox last weekend and i'm really happy, I wish I'd got one years ago - I had mine up and running in 10 mins, there are loads of vids on youtube which show you how to add torrents and get FTP working
    Last edited by herring8; 2019-03-22 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by herring8 View Post
    just to confirm what TJ suggested, id been looking into a seedbox for a while

I finally took the plunge with a seedbox last weekend and i'm really happy, I wish I'd got one years ago - I had mine up and running in 10 mins, there are loads of vids on youtube which show you how to add torrents and get FTP working
    Thanks for the feedback. Which seedbox provider, if I may ask?

Thanks

I'm using these guys https://seedbox.io/premium-seedbox

Cheaper options are available but i hit problems with them - these guys are great for EU5 / month - I have no relationship with them beyond being a satisfied customer, the set up is incredibly simple

Thanks

storm

Quote Originally Posted by herring8 View Post
    I'm using these guys https://seedbox.io/premium-seedbox

Cheaper options are available but i hit problems with them - these guys are great for EU5 / month - I have no relationship with them beyond being a satisfied customer, the set up is incredibly simple
    Thank you herring8, much appreciated.