Thread: Pink Floyd - The Later Years

Thanks

Default Pink Floyd - The Later Years

New box set coming out in November?

https://www.pulse-and-spirit.com/int...on-pink-floyd/

Thanks

Thanks for the link. Interesting.

Let's hope is something really worth.

And as for the possible "November 2019" release date, and knowing how Pink Floyd usually is, I prefer to read it "release date somewhere between June 2020 and Christmas 2022"
    R.M.

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    New box set coming out in November?

https://www.pulse-and-spirit.com/int...on-pink-floyd/
    Nein sprechen sie deutsch ?
    Last edited by tonmc57; 2019-03-21 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks

via Google Translate

It was Aubrey Powell himself who confirmed that he is currently working on not only the exhibitions "Hipgnosis - Daring To Dream" and Pink Floyd - Their Mortal Remains , but also a still "secret" new box set, or are it two, is busy.

Mr. Powell revealed at the Hipgnosis exhibition opening in Wilhelmshaven that he is working on something really great for Pink Floyd!

No new album, but an elaborate box set of their collected works.

He also knew to report that the elaborate box set should be available in November. He already has ideas for the cover. Source: WZONLINE: When record covers become icons .

Album Collection Box Set?
    Already interesting what is waiting for us fans and potential buyers! In November, the elaborate box set of collected works should come out! I'm curious. Among collected works, I imagine that everything from "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" to "The Endless River" will be in it! Or?

It would be more than desirable if the term Collected Works included singles, maxis and this species! Sounds like the ultimate boxing set from Pink Floyd. Powell has also been working on the Reissue project ANIMALS for a long time.

What could be in our house? Ideas what Powell could have meant?

I thank Oliver Thöne for this advice.

from the COMMENTS section:

PETE March 21, 2019 at 12:39 pm
    I was in Wilhelmshaven on Sunday and there I had the opportunity to ask specifically! The LATER YEARS BOX should therefore be released in November 2019, including the complete concert of the Nassau concert in 1988 by DELICATE ... Also for the new ANIMALS cover he has become active, it will show the Battersea in the conversion with the construction cranes in the evening light! This should come in early 2020, whether as a boxset he could not or did not want to say ...
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2019-03-21 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks

So interesting.I can't understand the purpose of another discography box and that the term LATER YEARS was used would seem to dismiss that idea.I wonder what era later means.I can't remember if DSOT was filmed or caught on video but the thought of the whole show on Blu ray would be great.Also early 2020 for the new Animals?I hope that implies some sort of expanded whichamathingy and not the SACD,anyway really excited to hear what they have in store,only 7 months away so a official announcement should not be tooooo far off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjy View Post
    So interesting.I can't understand the purpose of another discography box and that the term LATER YEARS was used would seem to dismiss that idea.I wonder what era later means.I can't remember if DSOT was filmed or caught on video but the thought of the whole show on Blu ray would be great.Also early 2020 for the new Animals?I hope that implies some sort of expanded whichamathingy and not the SACD,anyway really excited to hear what they have in store,only 7 months away so a official announcement should not be tooooo far off.

Call me a skeptic but when I hear elaborate box set, in view of the past releases by PF Inc., new artwork with recordings I don't need comes to mind. Hope to be wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjy View Post
    Fortunately DSOT was shot on film!

Thanks

I'd say it is Wall related, with the 40th anniversary and all.

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

via Google Translate

It was Aubrey Powell himself who confirmed that he is currently working on not only the exhibitions "Hipgnosis - Daring To Dream" and Pink Floyd - Their Mortal Remains , but also a still "secret" new box set, or are it two, is busy.

Mr. Powell revealed at the Hipgnosis exhibition opening in Wilhelmshaven that he is working on something really great for Pink Floyd!

No new album, but an elaborate box set of their collected works.

He also knew to report that the elaborate box set should be available in November. He already has ideas for the cover. Source: WZONLINE: When record covers become icons .

Album Collection Box Set?
    Already interesting what is waiting for us fans and potential buyers! In November, the elaborate box set of collected works should come out! I'm curious. Among collected works, I imagine that everything from "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" to "The Endless River" will be in it! Or?

It would be more than desirable if the term Collected Works included singles, maxis and this species! Sounds like the ultimate boxing set from Pink Floyd. Powell has also been working on the Reissue project ANIMALS for a long time.

What could be in our house? Ideas what Powell could have meant?

I thank Oliver Thöne for this advice.

from the COMMENTS section:

PETE March 21, 2019 at 12:39 pm
    I was in Wilhelmshaven on Sunday and there I had the opportunity to ask specifically! The LATER YEARS BOX should therefore be released in November 2019, including the complete concert of the Nassau concert in 1988 by DELICATE ... Also for the new ANIMALS cover he has become active, it will show the Battersea in the conversion with the construction cranes in the evening light! This should come in early 2020, whether as a boxset he could not or did not want to say ...
    Thanks Ron.

Thanks

Fortunately DSOT was shot on film!
    i was just listening to the album yesterday, for the first time in a long time (usually go for 'pulse' to get my "later" floyd live fix), and i would be so excited to see the entire thing re-cut and re-mixed, to get rid of most, or all, of the annoying fades (and to add the full 'shine on,' perhaps). plus the entire show as audio would be fantastic, if that were to prove to be true (if they don't have all the video footage still available)!

and the long-rumoured re-mix of amlor as a bonus?