Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Roger Waters "Us + Them" Concert Film

Thanks

I must say, I find that it's a bit of a stretch for one of the richest touring musicians to go around miming and conning (almost) everybody in the audience, then go on about how the rich lie and steal from the poor. Seems slightly ironic, not least because we know he can still sing from performances like Desert Trip and Newport. It's just that he could probably do maybe a third of the shows without ruining his voice, but he'd rather rake it in and mime.

I quite liked the film in the cinema but to cut the encores and Smell the Roses from the streamed release seems a bit odd. Not least because there's definitely a finished version (there's a little segment of Us and Them leading into the start of Smell The Roses on the mighty Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5HYn9zHWuD/) which was made for the film which was cut quite near the end because 'it was too long'.
    Last edited by tomhinde; 2020-02-15 at 04:22 PM.
    Roger Waters @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands - 19/06/2018
    Nick Mason @ Portsmouth Guildhall, UK - 23/09/2018

Thanks

We say "Money" - we mean Roger.

We say Roger - we mean politics.

Well, let's get some politics into the music community.

There is nothing dumber than comparing 1973 and 2020.

A huge number of changes have occurred in the world, with the exception of the praised stamping of money, created by one's own capabilities. It is desirable - while exploiting the capabilities of others ... "Money" - don't smell !!! This is HOLY !!!

The creative and financial successes of our magnificent four are due, in the first place, to their consent to "play by the rules." Barrett was literally pushed out of the train on the go...

Now, with time, at the exit - you can clearly see how each of our four (no, five!) guys realized their capabilities and their talent using music. Given the "game by the rules."

Are you such naive people? Are you really sure that the crowd having fun at the concert delves into the meaning of the song “Money” and thinks about the unemployed? Чёрта с два!!! Hell no!!!

Or the gloomy and gloomy content “Run like hell”, which is performed in an encore, is now served as a pink balloon, painted with children's toys ...

What was conceived (?) seriously, came down to a bright jukebox in the middle-hand eatery.

Roger ... He never got rid of his children's complexes. Few people manage to get rid of them. But he is a public person, in plain sight. He himself is not averse to drawing attention to himself.

He never managed to completely break his Wall. He and his admirers calmly perceive only sheep bleating

Sometimes a comparison with Jack London comes to my mind, but no! Roger is pragmatic at 1000%; the writer's throwing is ridiculous to him.

He simply turned into a herald of ideas, into a sur-music megaphone.

All these are common truths that coincide with my personal opinion.

Therefore, I am not going to engage in polemics with anyone.

Google Translate
    Last edited by YASSHA; 2020-02-15 at 05:31 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8rV...layer_embedded

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YASSHA View Post
    We say "Money" - we mean Roger.

We say Roger - we mean politics.

Well, let's get some politics into the music community.

There is nothing dumber than comparing 1973 and 2020.

A huge number of changes have occurred in the world, with the exception of the praised stamping of money, created by one's own capabilities. It is desirable - while exploiting the capabilities of others ... "Money" - don't smell !!! This is HOLY !!!

The creative and financial successes of our magnificent four are due, in the first place, to their consent to "play by the rules." Barrett was literally pushed out of the train on the go...

Now, with time, at the exit - you can clearly see how each of our four (no, five!) guys realized their capabilities and their talent using music. Given the "game by the rules."

Are you such naive people? Are you really sure that the crowd having fun at the concert delves into the meaning of the song “Money” and thinks about the unemployed? Чёрта с два!!! Hell no!!!

Or the gloomy and gloomy content “Run like hell”, which is performed in an encore, is now served as a pink balloon, painted with children's toys ...

What was conceived (?) seriously, came down to a bright jukebox in the middle-hand eatery.

Roger ... He never got rid of his children's complexes. Few people manage to get rid of them. But he is a public person, in plain sight. He himself is not averse to drawing attention to himself.

He never managed to completely break his Wall. He and his admirers calmly perceive only sheep bleating

Sometimes a comparison with Jack London comes to my mind, but no! Roger is pragmatic at 1000%; the writer's throwing is ridiculous to him.

He simply turned into a herald of ideas, into a sur-music megaphone.

Therefore, I am not going to engage in polemics with anyone.

Google Translate
    Dude, you're so funny

Thanks

Really funny!