Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters "Us + Them" Concert Film

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    Haha, I see what you did there
    The thing is I did go back and check before posting and honestly couldn't find it. I knew it came after Money but it's not as easy to search through a streaming preview.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    My heart sinks for you that you are somehow forced to sit by the wireless and blocked from using the off button.
    But then you risk missing any impromptu brief acoustic preview of 'insert new song title', or a throwaway remark about the release of the 80-81 Wall shows, which he may drop in at any time.

Seriously though, has he done many or any interviews in his career where it wasn't mainly politics?
    Many may have touched briefly on politics but mainly concentrated on the songs. Now the balance is often totally switched.

I was surprised in one of the recent interviews he did, telling an anecdote about Gilmour and his first wife Ginger.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Journey Man View Post
    But then you risk missing any impromptu brief acoustic preview of 'insert new song title', or a throwaway remark about the release of the 80-81 Wall shows, which he may drop in at any time.

Many may have touched briefly on politics but mainly concentrated on the songs. Now the balance is often totally switched.

I was surprised in one of the recent interviews he did, telling an anecdote about Gilmour and his first wife Ginger.
    I understand where you are coming from in regard to hoping to hear something different, special or historic but in the current political climate I think you will be disappointed more often than not. His views and warnings have been vindicated in the last few years so he will probably be staying political for a while yet I imagine

most of his songs are riddled with politics and have been since the late 60's, if you attend a gig you are attending a politically motivated gig envisioned and brought to you by an anti-capitalist, anti-war, anti establishment song-writing activist. Everyone can keep on pretending that it has not always been that way if it makes them happy but history will remember facts and not feelings.

Everything is art and everything is politics, so glad I realised that at an early age.

Thanks

If you attend a gig you are attending a politically motivated gig envisioned and brought to you by an anti-capitalist...
    The hypocrisy of that point of view is ironic at a minimum from a guy who has exploited capatalism for years. Nearly a laugh...
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2020-02-14 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    The hypocrisy of that point of view is ironic at a minimum. Nearly a laugh...
    Quite a naïve response there Ron, I expected better my man. I suppose you also think Greta Thunberg should stay at home instead of using transport to spread her message if she is so anti-fossil fuel... And Bernie should walk to Washington from Vermont if he shares her concerns

Thanks

Quite a naïve response there Ron, I expected better my man. I suppose you also think Greta Thunberg should stay at home instead of using transport to spread her message if she is so anti-fossil fuel... And Bernie should walk to Washington from Vermont if he shares her concerns
    I'm not being naive, you're being obtuse. And your rationalization is completely irrational. It's embarrassing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    I'm not being naive
    Wilful ignorance it is then.

Thanks

Wilful ignorance it is then.
    I ain't getting into this argument, but your replies just make me laugh my azz off

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickrophilia View Post
    I ain't getting into this argument, but your replies just make me laugh my azz off
    No argument. Just a disagreement and I'm done. Point made.

Thanks

anti-capitalist
    Roger's $15MM UES townhouse: "don’t forget the 26-foot wall of glass over the planted garden, the double-height living room, the five-floor elevator, or the nine Louis XVI-period fireplaces" - https://observer.com/2007/09/floyd-g...xvi-townhouse/

Roger's $16MM house in the Hamptons - https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map...1/view/google/

How many Welsh coal miners do you think he's putting up?