Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters "Us + Them" Concert Film

Thanks

I was 24 years old when I saw the show last year in Amsterdam, but the first time I went to a Roger's shows I was 13 years old! But I have to admit that I didn't know some songs, I remember It was the first time I listened to Have a Cigar

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick0725 View Post
    out of sync in spots.
    I noticed the same thing a couple times, don't remember which song(s) though. Thought it was just me. It wasn't throughout, so I'm guessing it was just some minor editing oopsies. Hopefully they'll tidy those up for an official release. As for the "young-un's" singing along, considering the crap most people that age listen to, I had no problem with them being shown singing along. Now, get off my lawn!

How was the attendance at the showings? very low at our theater. not more than 20 people at each.
    The theater I went to had one showing on the 2nd, and two showings on the 5th. I went to the late show on the 5th, and there were 7 of us in total. Not that I minded, it just meant I didn't have to fight for a good seat

Thanks

Still no info for a Blu-ray version.

Thanks

The theatre closest to my home had a 3-day screening with 3 shows per day. We attended the 10 pm show on day 2, and the seats were mostly taken (say 80-90 people) but this may be due to a more accessible schedule on a working day, compared to 4.30 and 7.00.

Sound was good, a bit low only during the first 15 minutes or so (didn't notice out-of-sync issues) but I was less impressed than by the RW The Wall or Pompeii movies. In general, I left the cinema with the same feeling I had after the live gig: a collection of "great dance songs" played by a great PF cover band. As far as Roger removes its solo material from his set-list and goes for a PF best of, the voice and guitar of a DG show are preferable to me in that exercise.

P.S. Close-ups of young fans may be explained just by front stage population mix (where the camera is placed): older fans (like me) tend to prefer sitting places or stay back out of pressure.

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coloman View Post
    The theatre closest to my home had a 3-day screening with 3 shows per day. We attended the 10 pm show on day 2, and the seats were mostly taken (say 80-90 people) but this may be due to a more accessible schedule on a working day, compared to 4.30 and 7.00.

Sound was good, a bit low only during the first 15 minutes or so (didn't notice out-of-sync issues) but I was less impressed than by the RW The Wall or Pompeii movies. In general, I left the cinema with the same feeling I had after the live gig: a collection of "great dance songs" played by a great PF cover band. As far as Roger removes its solo material from his set-list and goes for a PF best of, the voice and guitar of a DG show are preferable to me in that exercise.

P.S. Close-ups of young fans may be explained just by front stage population mix (where the camera is placed): older fans (like me) tend to prefer sitting places or stay back out of pressure.
    Those audience close ups where from South American shows, Rog seems have a younger audience down there. The show I attended (Liverpool UK), the front rows were taken up by people in the fifties and sixties (I was seventh row) a few in their forties, there was hardly anyone younger in the whole arena.

Thanks

Just seen Joker film at the same cinema chain as I saw Us+Them movie, and (nearly) all I could think about was how marvellously loud the volume was compared to the relatively low volume of Us+ Them.

Thanks

Still nothing official for a possible announcement of the blu-ray

Thanks

I just heard that we can expect a non-physical release on 3/3. Info comes from Sony Music scheduling update. Was supposed to be announced today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    I just heard that we can expect a non-physical release on 3/3. Info comes from Sony Music scheduling update. Was supposed to be announced today.
    Thanks for the update, Roscoe. I'm looking forward to this!

Thanks

Thank you Roscoe for the info, it reassures.
    I hope it will also come out in bluray.