Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters "Us + Them" Concert Film

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    I just heard that we can expect a non-physical release on 3/3. Info comes from Sony Music scheduling update. Was supposed to be announced today.
    Well, better than nothing I suppose. As long as I can burn to a BD-R and print off cover art I'll be happy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonmc57 View Post
    Well, better than nothing I suppose. As long as I can burn to a BD-R and print off cover art I'll be happy.
    How do you burn a streaming video?

Title: Roger Water: Us + Them
    Release Date: Digital Only
    EST Date: 3/3/20*
    VOD Date: 3/3/20*
    Announce Date: 2/12/20
    Formats: Sell-Thru: Digital Only
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2020-02-13 at 07:03 PM.

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

How do you burn a streaming video?

Title: Roger Water: Us + Them
    Release Date: Digital Only
    EST Date: 3/3/20*
    VOD Date: 3/3/20*
    Announce Date: 2/12/20
    Formats: Sell-Thru: Digital Only
    Format Notes: N/A
    Licensee: Sony Music Entertainment
    Type of Release (NR, NV, NF, PKG, REF): NR
    Region (US/CAN E/F): NR
    Marketing Manager: Larissa Tempel
    That's a downer, not even a saveable file then

Thanks
    Thanked 6,169 Times in 133 Posts

Screen capture. There's ways.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    Screen capture. There's ways.
    I thought that. Have we not progressed since VHS recorders like? 20 years ago I had a DVD recorder that would capture anything played through the TV or monitor, surely they still exist and are better/cheaper these days?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I thought that. Have we not progressed since VHS recorders like? 20 years ago I had a DVD recorder that would capture anything played through the TV or monitor, surely they still exist and are better/cheaper these days?
    Yeah, I know there are ways to do it, although I've never done it for anything so I'm not exactly sure how, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't show up on the world wide web some way or another.

Thanks

Yeah, I know there are ways to do it, although I've never done it for anything so I'm not exactly sure how, but I'll be surprised if it doesn't show up on the world wide web some way or another.
    If it is going out exclusively on the tweb I am sure there are folks clevererrer than us able to capture it via the very same web (Ha, let's call them spiders ).

Thanks

Just previewing a screener copy. So far it's been a reminder of why I didn't care for this as much as Roger's past shows.

I'm not a fan of the new band members and don't care for the new arrangements of the classic Floyd songs this time around. I find Holly and Jess distracting and annoying as Hell. I loathe Sean's visuals and they cut Comfortably Numb which tied them all together thematically. But, as the saying goes, "Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?"

On the positive side the cinematography is excellent.

20200213_165622.jpg

Thanks

Just previewing a screener copy. So far it's been a reminder of why I didn't care for this as much as Roger's past shows.

I'm not a fan of the new band members and don't care for the new arrangements of the classic Floyd songs this time around. I find Holly and Jess distracting and annoying as Hell. I loathe Sean's visuals and they cut Comfortably Numb which tied them all together thematically. But, as the saying goes, "Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?"

On the positive side the cinematography is excellent.

20200213_165622.jpg
    I don't disagree with anything you've said. Those two girls are just not my cup of tea, at all. I mentioned this right after I seen the show. Still, I did enjoy the show overall but I'm just not sure I'll go see Rog anymore. I'd honestly rather spend my money to give Nick some love and see him play some of the songs we all really cherish over the more popular tunes. Nick's show was in a way more intimate venue too. In any case, I'll probably watch and enjoy the concert video of Rog.

Thanks

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Those two girls are just not my cup of tea, at all. I mentioned this right after I seen the show. Still, I did enjoy the show overall but I'm just not sure I'll go see Rog anymore. I'd honestly rather spend my money to give Nick some love and see him play some of the songs we all really cherish over the more popular tunes. Nick's show was in a way more intimate venue too. In any case, I'll probably watch and enjoy the concert video of Rog.
    There's no soul to GGITS. It's a freakin Vegas act.
    Mother, Smell the Rose's and Us & Them were also cut. How the heck does one cut Us & Them from a tour with the same name? How does one cut the emotional climax of the show both musically and visually? In all honesty, I got bored during Dogs. Terrible vocals. Would have loved to see Dave K and Snowy play this. The version from 99-00 was much better musically.

I'm waiting to see the set list for the new show. If he doesnt change things up enough I'm going to sell my ticket. The Powers That Be does nothing for me.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2020-02-14 at 04:25 AM.