Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters "Us + Them" Concert Film

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    There's no soul to GGITS. It's a freakin Vegas act.
    All I could think of was "Floating heads in space - reminds me of the old Muppet Show. Their visuals were better when they did Pigs in Space!".
    "You're my family and I love you. But you're terrible, you're all terrible" - Bob's Burgers

Thanks
    Thanked 2,109 Times in 42 Posts

How the heck does one cut Us & Them from a tour with the same name? How does one cut the emotional climax of the show both musically and visually?
    That is hilarious. Roger really has lost it. So focussed on telling us all how to think that he forgets where it all started, in a place that spoke to millions, across the political divide.

"For what profits a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    That is hilarious. Roger really has lost it. So focussed on telling us all how to think that he forgets where it all started, in a place that spoke to millions, across the political divide.

"For what profits a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own soul".
    Dude has gotten too far into politics. I know Roger has always been political since Floyd, but it's ALL HE IS now. Literally everything he does is related to politics. I'm gonna be attending the tour this year, but literally only for the fact it's ROGER WATERS and I may not see him perform live if I miss this one, because I already missed Dave. Wish he would stop touring though and release the goddamn wall shows.

Thanks

And it feels like déjà vu.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nickrophilia View Post
    Dude has gotten too far into politics. I know Roger has always been political since Floyd, but it's ALL HE IS now. Literally everything he does is related to politics. I'm gonna be attending the tour this year, but literally only for the fact it's ROGER WATERS and I may not see him perform live if I miss this one, because I already missed Dave. Wish he would stop touring though and release the goddamn wall shows.
    My heart sinks these days when I see a new Waters radio interview, knowing that I'll probably have to endure 50 minutes of his political views for eventually the final five minutes given over to music/Floyd.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Journey Man View Post
    My heart sinks these days when I see a new Waters radio interview, knowing that I'll probably have to endure 50 minutes of his political views for eventually the final five minutes given over to music/Floyd.
    My heart sinks for you that you are somehow forced to sit by the wireless and blocked from using the off button. Seriously though, has he done many or any interviews in his career where it wasn't mainly politics? Has he ever wrote an album that wasn't dripping in politics? Has he ever done a tour that wasn't simply a platform for his art and his politics?

Expecting anything different is the definition of insanity. What irks most deep down is they realise he is singing about them and not to them.
    "The further society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Has he ever done a tour that wasn't simply a platform for his art and his politics?
    Yes, he certainly has. The balance has changed drastically which is now eclipsed by his political views. He even warned us that he planned to make this new tour even more imbalanced ramping up his political messages.

And I stand corrected. Us + Them is included. I must have slept through it.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2020-02-14 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks

Yes, he certainly has.

Which one?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,169 Times in 133 Posts

And I stand corrected. Us + Them is included. I must have slept through it.
    Haha, I see what you did there
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Journey Man View Post
    It's just so damn stupid, man. Like I'm expecting something new for the wall this year because 1990 was Berlin, 2000 was ITAOT/Behind The Wall/Booklet/Interviews, 2010 was a new tour, an EPK for his tour which included tons of footage, and there were even commercials with footage in them, plus the Immersion box set for the wall, re-released Behind The Wall in good quality, remixed live album and demos and stuff, if we get absolutely NOTHING this year related to the wall then I'm genuinely gonna be upset. 10 years from the 50th and there's a low chance any of them will even be alive at that point. I hope something comes that ISN'T all just 100% politics.