Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters The Wall Live *Super Deluxe Edition*

Hybrid View

Thanks

Cool Roger Waters The Wall Live *Super Deluxe Edition*

Did the exclusive bits of this super fancy/pricey release ever become available to the rest of us in an unofficial/semi-official capacity? I'd love to hear the original movie score for example. I wonder how many of the 3000 folks who purchased it have listened to it. Anyone on this forum by any chance?

Same question about the behind the scenes tour documentary that was said to be exclusive to this specific release. Is it out there somewhere?

Thanks

Official releases are not normally shared on this site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markbot View Post
    Official releases are not normally shared on this site.
    I understand that. I'm just curious has anyone here actually heard this piece of music except for what appears on the movie itself? How long is it? What did you think of it?

near Liverpool England, just across the Mersey on The Wirral
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quixotiz View Post
    Did the exclusive bits of this super fancy/pricey release ever become available to the rest of us in an unofficial/semi-official capacity? I'd love to hear the original movie score for example. I wonder how many of the 3000 folks who purchased it have listened to it. Anyone on this forum by any chance?

Same question about the behind the scenes tour documentary that was said to be exclusive to this specific release. Is it out there somewhere?
    The exclusive to the big box docu was on YouTube for a while. Last time I checked it had been taken down, wish I'd saved it.

Thanks

... in an unofficial/semi-official capacity?...
    Just exactly what is "semi-official"?

It either IS or IS NOT.

R.M.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruben77 View Post
    Just exactly what is "semi-official"?

It either IS or IS NOT.

Semi-official, in my mind, would be through YouTube/Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/Soundcloud accounts of people associated with the project.

(For example, Comfortably Numb at the O2 with David Gilmour was made available on YouTube and then taken down to be officially released as a a bonus feature on the Blu-ray.)

Thanks

Semi-official, in my mind, would be through YouTube/Twitter/Instagram/Facebook/Soundcloud accounts of people associated with the project.

(For example, Comfortably Numb at the O2 with David Gilmour was made available on YouTube and then taken down to be officially released as a a bonus feature on the Blu-ray.)
    There you have it.
    First it was a publicly available item (a video) released on the artist's own channel in internet.
    Then it was an item released by the artist's record company on a physical medium, available only to those who paid for the disc.

In both cases it was officially released.

Just in the first case people didn't have to pay directly to the artist/record label to get it.
    In the second case people had to pay.

The fact that it was first made public on an open-access website for everybody to get doesn't make it any less official (or, as you say "semi-official") because it retained all rights to the music and lyrics etc. IIRC, that same snippet of CNumb that you mention was taken down from other Youtube channels exactly because of that.

Problem is that people still think that because it is on the internet "it doesn't belong to anyone". It does.
    R.M.

Thanks

Orwellian levels of self policing going on in here Is it any wonder the lad has kept quiet all this time.

I think he is merely asking if it is available to listen to online and not necessarily looking to bootleg official released material. tbh I wouldn't mind hearing the orchestral pieces myself...

What is this documentary? The version I have is interspersed with docu footage following Rog on his journey through France with his kids, Is that the documentary footage?
    Them: "will you ever just conform?"
    Me: "Yes! one day I will die just like all the rest".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    Orwellian levels of self policing going on in here Is it any wonder the lad has kept quiet all this time.

I think he is merely asking if it is available to listen to online and not necessarily looking to bootleg official released material. tbh I wouldn't mind hearing the orchestral pieces myself...

What is this documentary? The version I have is interspersed with docu footage following Rog on his journey through France with his kids, Is that the documentary footage?
    Thank you Rex, I appreciate that.

The documentary I'm referring to was listed on the super deluxe edition page as: A NEW DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE MAKING OF THE TOUR, ONLY AVAILABLE HERE.

Honestly I never bought into the idea that the movie itself was a "documentary" but that's another topic of discussion.

Thanks

Thank you Rex, I appreciate that.

The documentary I'm referring to was listed on the super deluxe edition page as: A NEW DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE MAKING OF THE TOUR, ONLY AVAILABLE HERE.

Honestly I never bought into the idea that the movie itself was a "documentary" but that's another topic of discussion.
    I wouldn't call it a documentary necessarily but it stops it from being a music DVD slightly, you cannot really put it on for background music as the flow of the concert is disjointed. Brilliant movie though and the music playing in the background of the road trip is lush in places.

I have it bought this on CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and on Amazon Prime but never noticed this super duper deluxe edition get released Sure I read a rumour on here a few weeks back that 'Us & Them' is going to get similar treatment from the same production company for a theatrical release of that tour too I wish he would put out the KAOS & P&C tours... At least the audio if there is no compete video footage available.
    Them: "will you ever just conform?"
    Me: "Yes! one day I will die just like all the rest".