Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roger Waters The Wall Live *Super Deluxe Edition*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruben77 View Post
    Not being "orwellian". Just wishing to make some clarity on the language used, as it was apparent from the example given by himself that the original poster thinks that freely available downloads, or freely publicly accessible media are "less official" to him than the physical media you paid for, even if it is the same content. It is clear to me that both are official releases in the same level (just one free and public, the other physical and paid for), and my first statement that it is, or is not. No grey (or "semi") areas here.
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through passive aggression, and great condescension
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall argue semantics
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Thanks

Spike Milligan? or any other Goon?

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    There is no pro shot video from either tour, something Roger said that he later regretted.
    Yeah I know but I have not gave up on a recreation, animation or clever edit to put it out in movie form (a crazy dream I know). The pro recorded audio and all the reel movies along with the video ep, music vids and other live footage could be used by a clever editor to blend a coherent piece together (a bit like the 'The tide is turning' video). A decent budget and some animation or CGI would do the trick too Tis a fantasy of course but I live in hope. I still pray for a TFC tour to finish off his business before retirement too, people say I'm a dreamer...
    Them: "will you ever just conform?"
    Me: "Yes! one day I will die just like all the rest".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post

Yeah I know but I have not gave up on a recreation, animation or clever edit to put it out in movie form (a crazy dream I know). The pro recorded audio and all the reel movies along with the video ep, music vids and other live footage could be used by a clever editor to blend a coherent piece together (a bit like the 'The tide is turning' video). A decent budget and some animation or CGI would do the trick too Tis a fantasy of course but I live in hope. I still pray for a TFC tour to finish off his business before retirement too, people say I'm a dreamer...
    I'll dream with you on those points. Would love to see something or the Pros and Cons and KAOS tours, and would love to see Roger do The Final Cut in full in the present day... Hell, even if he just did one show and filmed it, I'd be thrilled.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post

What would be Roger's motivation to spend a fortune to recreate his worst selling tour? He wont even release Swaddle or the original Wall tour.

Thanks

I spent the big bucks and bought the thing. Roger even "signed" it for me. Unfortunately I got the crappiest "brick" of the wall in the mural. Mine has a small swath of grey paint on part of it otherwise it is just black. It's like the third one up from the bottom on the far right side. I wanted to get the box with the nipple on it, but alas it was not to be.

I have listened to the 24bit-48Khz audio download that came with the box. I was not impressed. I didn't bother playing or ripping my vinyl.

I've never watched the bonus video. I had purchased the vinyl and blu-ray separate from the SDE. I received them well before the SDE so I watched the blu-ray first. I found very annoying that the concert kept getting interrupted. If i ever get time i'm going to rip the blu-ray and cut out the interruptions.

Roger's signature.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    What would be Roger's motivation to spend a fortune to recreate his worst selling tour? He wont even release Swaddle or the original Wall tour.
    I wish he would release the original Wall tour too... Hopefully he will be getting bored soon and decide to put out some retro material.

TFC, KAOS, WYWB & ATD are as relevant today as they were the day they were released (Much like DSOTM, WYWH & Animals). The names have changed but the stories remain the same.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I'll dream with you on those points. Would love to see something or the Pros and Cons and KAOS tours, and would love to see Roger do The Final Cut in full in the present day... Hell, even if he just did one show and filmed it, I'd be thrilled.
    A Scarfe like animation blended in with the screen footage of the P&C tour would suffice, same with KAOS.

A Final Cut tour with a When The Wind Blows encore is the ultimate dream InFloyd are currently touring TFC in full, not sure if it is being filmed but they did ATD. WYWH & DSOTM in full in the past and did a decent job

Quote Originally Posted by Markbot View Post
    I found very annoying that the concert kept getting interrupted. If i ever get time i'm going to rip the blu-ray and cut out the interruptions.

Roger's signature.jpg
    That's what I was saying about it not being useable as a music DVD, I have the CD of course but I ideally like the visuals too when I am dotting about the house.