Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Corrupted Blu-Ray Discs in TEY Box

Thanks

Default Corrupted Blu-Ray Discs in TEY Box

Please check your discs in The Early Years box which many are discovering are starting to corrupt. These discs corrupting after just a few years is outrageous, inexcusable and unprofessional. At this time the fans can't get replacements anymore. The same thing occurred with the Immersion discs and now they're unloading another unreasonably priced box set on us. I don't see how we can have any faith in these discs. I'm cancelling my order for TLY.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2019-09-05 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,094 Times in 61 Posts

thanks for this useful info, Ron
    I'll check soon
    there's someone in my head, but it's not me
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.··*stefano
    (¸.·´ (¸.··*¨)

Thanks

Seems that 2 bluray have the problem. One of them was replaced in december, not the other.... I didn't check if it's readable or not.
    Thank you for the information. I will try all my bluray discs this weekend and send photos and email to Mr Paul Loasby
    "Together we stand, Divided we fall"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,333 Times in 148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    Please check your discs in The Early Years box which many are discovering are starting to corrupt. These discs corrupting after just a few years is outrageous, inexcusable and unprofessional. At this time the fans can't get replacements anymore. The same thing occurred with the Immersion discs and now they're unloading another unreasonably priced box set on us. I don't see how we can have any faith in these discs. I'm cancelling my order for TLY.

I wouldn't normally do this but here is the email address of Paul Loasby, Pink Floyd's manager and the guy who is mostly responsible for these things in case anyone cares to vent their frustration regarding these production issues.

paul@onefifteen.com
    Good for you man, I agree with your sentiments. I haven't checked my discs yet but it's unacceptable at every level. The price paid for these things definitely compounds the issue.

Just curious, how exactly are you checking to see if there's corruption? Trying to play and it won't play at all? Trying to rip but read errors occur?

I'm really glad that the day I received my TEY box set I copied all BD and CDR to my hard drive. I can't remember if I did it for all the Immersions.
    Last edited by buffalofloyd; 2019-09-03 at 06:44 PM.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

I sent an email with photos... Hope it will help !

Thanks

Lord have mercy. That’s the one bright side to having half of the stuff duplicated on dvd’s. And people wonder why “the kids” collect music on obsolete formats these days. Maybe they don’t want to get left holding a pile of unplayable discs and unreadable drives a few years after things get released.

Thanks

Amazing stuff. The whole box set was a bit rotten though. Expensive as all hell. Patchily researched and thrown together, archival footage with a random over-warm cast to it, harsh remixes, aggressive noise reduction, that Meddle 5.1 disk hurled into the box...

Thanks

I am very happy you made us aware of this, but I am LIVID at the same time.

Gahhh...

Fortunately, I backed up all the blu-rays, but still, this is unacceptable.

Thanks

I sent an email to Optimal Media.... I will let you know if I receive an answer !

Thanks

Default Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

There may be a case for full or partial refund under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for those who purchased it with a UK credit card. There may be similar recourse in other countries via your credit card company.

One of its paragraphs states:

The Consumer Rights Act says that goods must be fit for purpose and meet the expectations of the customers too. So if you have a particular purpose and expectations for a product, you should make that clear before purchasing. If the merchant tells you it is fit for that purpose and it fails to deliver on your expectations, then you have a right to a refund.

Certainly a customer's expectation is that DVD and BDR discs will last many years. My discs seem fine at the moment.

The MoneySavingExpert site Provides more details:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sh...our-purchases/
    Last edited by Journey Man; 2019-09-04 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Typo