Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crackers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steelbreeze View Post
    Love the story. My friend and I used to get equipment in by putting the equipment in a knapsack and then packing the knapsack with underwear. If security checked, they would be rifling through underwear and they would stop immediately, never getting to the bottom of the sack. We recorded a few shows like this in the 80's.
    I did this to tape a Yes show at Madison Square garden once. It absolutely works. Haha

Thanks

I had a friend who passed away 5 years ago that would walk in to just about every show he went to (which was 3 or 4 a week probably) by flashing old backstage laminates from bands he used to work for like moe. or Gov't Mule. He literally never got caught during hundreds upon hundreds of shows. He'd always wear a pair of Doc Martins, cargo pants and a black shirt and just act like he knew better than security. He even got into the Super Bowl once in Tampa.

The best I ever did was sneak a tripod into a Phish show (for a video camera) simply by holding it in my hand and when I reached the front of the line for the patdown I just put my arms up as high as I could so they could check me (I'm also tall so that helped) and they never even noticed.

Thanks

When I recorded Pink Floyd in Berlin in 1994, I put the tape recorder into a Tupperware container, filled with delicious potato salad ... And I had, so to speak, a very Delicious Sound Of Thunder

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watman View Post
    When I recorded Pink Floyd in Berlin in 1994, I put the tape recorder into a Tupperware container, filled with delicious potato salad ... And I had, so to speak, a very Delicious Sound Of Thunder
    In the 80s & 90s, when bag and body searches were to be expected, I always wrapped my Sony Walkman Pro in foil with sandwiches and placed in a sandwich box. That went at bottom of bag and then placed a decoy can of coke at top of bag, which security would feel smug about finding something to confiscate, as bottles and cans weren’t allowed into venues. Of course they failed to go any further down the bag.