Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rest in Peace, Neil Peart

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldpink View Post
    He was introduced as "the professor of the drum kit" by their lead singer/bassist, Geddy Lee, at a venue in Ontario that Neil had long dreamed of performing at fairly early in his tenure with the band.
    Geddy was referring to his prowess on the drums.
    Neil is widely considered one of the greatest rock drummers ever to have lived, and many people would say the best, period.
    Here he is in action on one of their signature songs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrhnhXHVSQg
    Another affectionate nickname I've heard people use for him was the "human metronome."
    You really ought to broaden your horizons to include Rush's music, now that they're retired.
    Three virtuoso musicians with no egos.
    Thanks. I didn't click on the link. I'm sure you don't mind; nobody tells me who or what to listen to.

Thanks

Ha ha I'm sure he was just trying to be helpful, you did ask after all. Had no idea who he was myself but I have heard of the band though and he is clearly a skilled and respected musician, sometimes recommends from folks on here can be a pleasant surprise I have found.
    Take it easy mate.
    Rex.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ItsGotABasket View Post
    Thanks. I didn't click on the link. I'm sure you don't mind; nobody tells me who or what to listen to.
    Given the obvious contraianism, I suppose I should have suggested not listening to them.
    We all just know that taking in a five-minute clip to better understand something is just too much of a heavy lift.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks
    Thanked 6,169 Times in 133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ItsGotABasket View Post
    WTF is with you, man? This is just a straight up rude comment to make when someone is trying to help you after you specifically asked a question regarding this man.
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!