Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suffering From Cancer

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 187 Posts

Default Suffering From Cancer

Hi Everyone

I thought I'd share with you the fact that I'm currently fighting two separate cancers, one in my Esophagus with the other in my Large Colon and this is why I've not been on the forum as often as I did before I became ill.

I'm doing well in the main,treatment and procedures although slow and generally not pleasant are slowly working.

I know most people will know someone either family or a friend who has this illness and fortunately modern medicine at least gives some folk myself included a fighting chance to beat it.

Most on here and I can only really speak for myself are getting older, and unfortunately shit happens.

Finally I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for being so friendly and helpful with everything Pink Floyd. I just want everyone to know I absolutely love Pink Floyd and this forum.
    Hopefully in a few months time I will have broken the back of this thing and I look forward to being able to take an active part on this forum once again in the coming months.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks
    Thanked 34,155 Times in 421 Posts

You certainly got my attention with your post and I wanted to wish you well, Paul.

As we all rush around wondering what to do next and thinking about our everyday concerns, your predicament gives us all some perspective.

Thank goodness for the NHS.

Enjoy some extra Floyd on me this evening

Thanks
    Thanked 6,954 Times in 144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrammylad View Post
    Hi Everyone

I thought I'd share with you the fact that I'm currently fighting two separate cancers, one in my Esophagus with the other in my Large Colon and this is why I've not been on the forum as often as I did before I became ill.

I'm doing well in the main,treatment and procedures although slow and generally not pleasant are slowly working.

I know most people will know someone either family or a friend who has this illness and fortunately modern medicine at least gives some folk myself included a fighting chance to beat it.

Most on here and I can only really speak for myself are getting older, and unfortunately shit happens.

Finally I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for being so friendly and helpful with everything Pink Floyd. I just want everyone to know I absolutely love Pink Floyd and this forum.
    Hopefully in a few months time I will have broken the back of this thing and I look forward to being able to take an active part on this forum once again in the coming months.

Cheers

Paul
    Hey Paul,
    Terrible news, I am very sorry to hear this. I am wishing the best for you man. I'm probably not as old as you are but getting older definitely does suck. I've had ulcerative colitis for 20 years and have managed it with medication with no problems, until this last year, when it stopped working. Now I'm on infusions and all that jazz... I'm afraid of developing colon cancer myself, so I can somewhat empathize with your situation. Anyway, I'm over here hoping you beat this thing. Stay STRONG

Jim
    Click here to access my Pink Floyd lists!

Thanks

Hang in Paul, you got this! Iíve been through it with a few family members now, and know what the day to day is like. Itís cliche, I know, but stay positive. The human body can overcome a lot especially with help from doctors.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 48 Posts

I wish you the best of the best from the universe and send you the best positive good vibes to you and your family.

Would you like to send our coloured cousins home again, my friend?
    All you need to do is follow the worms

Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
    Hey Paul,
    Terrible news, I am very sorry to hear this. I am wishing the best for you man. I'm probably not as old as you are but getting older definitely does suck. I've had ulcerative colitis for 20 years and have managed it with medication with no problems, until this last year, when it stopped working. Now I'm on infusions and all that jazz... I'm afraid of developing colon cancer myself, so I can somewhat empathize with your situation. Anyway, I'm over here hoping you beat this thing. Stay STRONG

Jim
    Same for you Jim, stay positive! Send you all my love dear friend.
    Would you like to send our coloured cousins home again, my friend?
    All you need to do is follow the worms

Thanks
    Thanked 3,325 Times in 97 Posts

I know that wasn't easy, bud, but I knew you'll get loads of support from here.

Shine on as always,

T.

Thanks

****, what to say! Perhaps just to keep on man, the longer You live the more You can hear Pink Floyd.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,187 Times in 42 Posts

All the best, Paul. Take care and Shine On

Thanks
    Thanked 6,892 Times in 94 Posts

Stay strong and hang on, Paul, best wishes towards a speedy recovery. You too Jim, stay positive and you will overcome.