Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roger vs David part 1000000000

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Roger vs David part 1000000000

https://twitter.com/rogerwaters/stat...846824448?s=21

Roger stirs some ****ing stupid drama again.

Edit: Thread is shutting down due to some toxic drama going on. Sorry.
    Last edited by Have A Cigar; 2020-05-22 at 04:50 PM.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

Someone give the old codger a hug.

Thanks

I love Roger’s work, but he’s a real gaslighting prick who always plays the victim card and makes it seem like David thwarts him at every turn. You would think David sued him and not the other way around 35 years ago. I hope David rolls his eyes at this really hard.

Thanks

Hopefully him trying to get on the website again, it's him trying to release some rare goodies. :/
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Have A Cigar View Post
    Hopefully him trying to get on the website again, it's him trying to release some rare goodies. :/
    if he releases anything with david, nick, and/or rick on it, i guarantee it will be on the official site.

but if he had offered david a part on that re-make of "mother"... maybe it would be, too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I love Roger’s work, but he’s a real gaslighting prick who always plays the victim card and makes it seem like David thwarts him at every turn. You would think David sued him and not the other way around 35 years ago. I hope David rolls his eyes at this really hard.
    well said, and amen...

Thanks

Can someone help me understand what he says after he complains about Polly Samson? He says "maybe change the name of the band..." then what?
    Paola

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paintbox View Post
    Can someone help me understand what he says after he complains about Polly Samson? He says "maybe change the name of the band..." then what?
    Change the name of the band to “Spinal Tap”, a reference to the parody movie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheRave View Post
    Change the name of the band to “Spinal Tap”, a reference to the parody movie.
    Thank you! I thought there was some kind of reference I was not getting. My doubt was also on "hunky dory" which with a google search just led me to Bowie's album. Then I found it just means "fine".
    Paola

Thanks

I thought he was actually quite polite about it - and his point is rather obvious. Why have a website about Pink Floyd if none of the members (or former members) except for David can use it as a platform to promote their work? They were all integral to the band's success, not just David alone.

It's essentially the 'David Gilmour' and "Pink Floyd reissues" website. It's not a 'band' website, I think that's his main point.

Gilmour wasn't even a founding member of the group, yet now he owns the 'brand'

Curiously, my first thought was that what we are seeing is a rather strange role reversal situation. I can imagine Waters was a horrendous person when he sued Floyd (who just wanted to keep it going...) and wouldn't back down - hence the long, drawn out, legal battles which followed. But Roger does seem a lot mellower in his later years, meanwhile, by all accounts, it's now possibly David who's more power hungry and fixated on the brand - to the extent that he won't even let his old band mates use it as a platform to promote their solo work. If I'm not mistaken, even Nick Mason didn't (or couldn't?) use the site either to promote the Saucerful tours. Someone should tell David that two wrongs don't necessarily make a Wright.

Along with Syd, Waters was a key driving force behind the band when he was in it - and certainly wrote the bulk of their most popular tunes. If you look at it like that, I don't think Roger was remotely scathing or critical... a bit irked underneath but that's about it. Like I said, I think he's just trying to point out the obvious... but that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by montymole; 2020-05-19 at 12:13 PM.