Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Roger vs David part 1000000000

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheRave View Post
    I agree with you. My comment acknowledged her contribution but noted that relative to the band’s total output, its rather small. And I get slammed for it. Too many ❄️‘s here. Time to go back my quarantine again.
    Ok boomer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheRave View Post
    I agree with you. My comment acknowledged her contribution but noted that relative to the band’s total output, its rather small. And I get slammed for it. Too many ❄️‘s here. Time to go back my quarantine again.
    Syd Barrett?

One can argue that Polly's contribution was to one of the band's best selling albums which launched one of their most successful tours ever. She's also a big part of David's last two solo albums, and a big factor in Dave actually touring again in 2006 and 2015-16. Dave does not like to tour without a new album, so who's to say any of that would have even happened without Polly being there. He may well have retired and just sat in with people as a guest from time to time. Yes, relative to one of the band members like Rick, Roger, Nick, or Dave, Polly's is a small contribution, but it's not something that's easy to brush aside either. Rick Wright's contribution to Animals was small, but it was important. Same with Syd, and yes some people dismissively say his was a small contribution since he was on only one album and a single song on another (and some singles), not unlike Polly. I guess I don't understand the need to weigh these people's contributions against each other. Making music is not a competitive sport. @Dave I'm not necessarily directing this at you, just speaking to some of these viewpoints in general.
    Last edited by Lennyif; 2020-05-22 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks

Jesus christ this thread spiraled out of control. I'm shutting this shit down.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.