Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New David Gilmour single “Yes, I Have Ghosts,”

Thanks

Default New David Gilmour single “Yes, I Have Ghosts,”

From ultimateclassicrock.com ....

David Gilmour announced the release of a single titled “Yes, I Have Ghosts,” which will arrive on June 17.

It’s the former Pink Floyd guitarist’s first new music since his 2015 solo album, Rattle That Lock, and forms part of the music he wrote for the audiobook version of wife and author Polly Samson’s A Theatre for Dreamers.

“Polly’s vivid and poetic writing, coupled with her very natural narration voice, made joining forces to produce the audio version of A Theatre for Dreamers a fantastic and fulfilling experience,” Gilmour said in a statement. “The audiobook format has so much untapped potential, and I am surprised more musicians have not creatively collaborated with authors, narrators and audiobook producers in this way before. The two worlds seem to seamlessly link, and music can really help to bring audiobooks to life in unexpected new ways.”

Samson added that the couple didn't intend to work together on the project, but the coronavirus lockdown led to the collaboration. “We wanted to explore the creative possibilities of the format and produce something new, refreshing and innovative,” she noted. "We were able to bring together the worlds of literature and music to enhance the listening experience and connect with audiences in a way which I don’t think has been done before.”

Samson has previously written lyrics for both Pink Floyd and Gilmour’s solo work – including Rattle That Lock's title track and "Louder Than Words", the closing song on Floyd's final album, The Endless River. The couple were accompanied by daughter Romany, who provided harp and additional vocals.
    Last edited by johnjohnstone; 2020-06-13 at 08:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohnstone View Post
    From ultimateclassicrock.com ....

David Gilmour announced the release of a single titled “Yes, I Have Ghosts,” which will arrive on June 17.

It’s the former Pink Floyd guitarist’s first new music since his 2015 solo album, Rattle That Lock, and forms part of the music he wrote for the audiobook version of wife and author Polly Samson’s A Theatre for Dreamers.

“Polly’s vivid and poetic writing, coupled with her very natural narration voice, made joining forces to produce the audio version of A Theatre for Dreamers a fantastic and fulfilling experience,” Gilmour said in a statement. “The audiobook format has so much untapped potential, and I am surprised more musicians have not creatively collaborated with authors, narrators and audiobook producers in this way before. The two worlds seem to seamlessly link, and music can really help to bring audiobooks to life in unexpected new ways.”

Samson added that the couple didn't intend to work together on the project, but the coronavirus lockdown led to the collaboration. “We wanted to explore the creative possibilities of the format and produce something new, refreshing and innovative,” she noted. "We were able to bring together the worlds of literature and music to enhance the listening experience and connect with audiences in a way which I don’t think has been done before.”

Samson has previously written lyrics for both Pink Floyd and Gilmour’s solo work – including Rattle That Lock's title track and "Louder Than Words", the closing song on Floyd's final album, The Endless River. The couple were accompanied by daughter Romany, who provided harp and additional vocals.
    Hopefully it won't be as boring as those live streams...
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

And I really hope that within our community there will be no links to "who said about whose wife," thereby relishing their own painful complexes, becoming like ...

I did not have the opportunity to write these words here:

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...000&highlight=

johnjohnstone, thank you very much for the news!!!
    Last edited by YASSHA; 2020-06-13 at 01:44 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChb...=dd&shelf_id=0

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YASSHA View Post
    johnjohnstone, thank you very much for the news!!!
    You’re welcome YASSHA

Thanks

The Von Trapp family album CONFIRMED! Pity Romany is now 17 going on 18, or they'd have the perfect B-side.

Thanks

Link deleted.
    Last edited by floydfan2410; 2020-07-01 at 03:47 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    link deleted
    Thanks for this
    Last edited by mooncusser; 2020-07-01 at 05:26 PM. Reason: MOD edit - don't post this link

Courage and good luck!

TBS14

Thanks

is this going to be a new david album or his familys first full album together haha he needs to defo get more new releases out but in his own words be more fun to hear a proper album again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toxie View Post
    is this going to be a new david album or his familys first full album together haha he needs to defo get more new releases out but in his own words be more fun to hear a proper album again.
    You are a provocateur. Deal with it

Courage and good luck!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YASSHA View Post
    You are a provocateur. Deal with it
    HaHa im only asking just thought id ask first i have heard of this new single as i certainly didnt watch the facebook stuff live so thought id at least ask as title says new single so thought id ask his new album or family lol.