Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: New(probably) images from PF in montreal 1977

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 66 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheRave View Post
    Thanks for sharing. This reminds me, although you can't see it in the pictures, a quick Google search shows a tower thing at the stadium that was used for a retractable roof. In the Wall artwork, one of the pics that has the marching hammers and the plane shows some tower structures, similar to Montreal. We all know the spitting story...but does anyone know for sure if Scarfe was making an actual reference to Olympic Stadium in his artwork?
    Funny enough, I always assumed it was the case - the design of the Stadium was obviously well known at that point although the tower was not completed until like '87.
    --
    Regards,
    Phil

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    All of these photos are incredible. We are one step closer to getting an image of that damn kid climbing on the stage lol

    (If anyone happens to have something like that, please contact me ASAP )
    Concerts:

    Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

    Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,220
    Thanks
    828
    Thanked 374 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plegault View Post
    Ha! In June I spoke to my connection who owned the diaporamas . He's the one who tipped me off about the audio recording along with the 8mm shot.

    Apparently the owner of the audio recording wanted to get some fresh scans of the slides so he could make some artwork for his CD copy. He's desperately hoarding it, convinced it's the holy grail. IMHO none of the 1975 shows are worthy of that status, but that's just me!
    Agreed. I do enjoy a good 1975 show now and then, especially Landover 1975-06-09 which has some neat moments, but -- unlike Montreal 1977, back when it was hard to get -- there's nothing historical or distinctive about 1975-06-26 to make it sought-after. If anything it's likely to be a tired and disenchanted performance, given that it came toward the end of a tour.

    (What is the guy hoping to get for it, anyway? Money? Five years' delay followed by a European grey-market release once the recording is 50 years old? "Equally rare shows"? The still-beating heart of a unicorn?)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Agreed. I do enjoy a good 1975 show now and then, especially Landover 1975-06-09 which has some neat moments, but -- unlike Montreal 1977, back when it was hard to get -- there's nothing historical or distinctive about 1975-06-26 to make it sought-after. If anything it's likely to be a tired and disenchanted performance, given that it came toward the end of a tour.

    (What is the guy hoping to get for it, anyway? Money? Five years' delay followed by a European grey-market release once the recording is 50 years old? "Equally rare shows"? The still-beating heart of a unicorn?)
    I don't know about it being a bad show, but still. The show has 30 minutes of footage WITH sound. I wonder how incredible the footage looks (if someone can share a screenshot of the film, that'd be appreciated)
    Concerts:

    Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

    Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    305
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 66 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    If anything it's likely to be a tired and disenchanted performance, given that it came toward the end of a tour.
    For a lot of us, that is likely to be the case but I have a friend that went to the Montreal shows from 71 to 77 and he mentioned the 75 show was the best. Must've been a case of "you had to be there" - apparently there was a full moon.
    --
    Regards,
    Phil

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by plegault View Post
    For a lot of us, that is likely to be the case but I have a friend that went to the Montreal shows from 71 to 77 and he mentioned the 75 show was the best. Must've been a case of "you had to be there" - apparently there was a full moon.
    Wasn't there a full moon during Hollywood Bowl 72 aswell? Pretty sure the camera guy got it during Eclipse
    Concerts:

    Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

    Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    864
    Thanked 608 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    I mean, I would definitely be interested in hearing an uncirculated 1975 show, in good quality, but I agree that it is far from a holy grail considering the fact that the set list never changed in that year and we have several excellent recordings from that tour. If it popped up though, I'd at least listen to it once. Who knows, it might be one of those extra inspired performances. You never can tell without hearing.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,011
    Thanks
    864
    Thanked 608 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Have A Cigar View Post
    Wasn't there a full moon during Hollywood Bowl 72 aswell? Pretty sure the camera guy got it during Eclipse
    I believe so! The old Crackers lp has a note on the cover about it being recorded "under a full moon and smiling skies".

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I believe so! The old Crackers lp has a note on the cover about it being recorded "under a full moon and smiling skies".
    I'd have to watch the show again. It either was shown during CWTAE, or Eclipse
    Concerts:

    Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

    Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Most impressive. Thanks for these!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •