Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New(probably) images from PF in montreal 1977

Thanks
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheRave View Post
    Thanks for sharing. This reminds me, although you can't see it in the pictures, a quick Google search shows a tower thing at the stadium that was used for a retractable roof. In the Wall artwork, one of the pics that has the marching hammers and the plane shows some tower structures, similar to Montreal. We all know the spitting story...but does anyone know for sure if Scarfe was making an actual reference to Olympic Stadium in his artwork?
    Funny enough, I always assumed it was the case - the design of the Stadium was obviously well known at that point although the tower was not completed until like '87.
    --
    Regards,
    Phil

Thanks

All of these photos are incredible. We are one step closer to getting an image of that damn kid climbing on the stage lol

(If anyone happens to have something like that, please contact me ASAP )
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plegault View Post
    Ha! In June I spoke to my connection who owned the diaporamas . He's the one who tipped me off about the audio recording along with the 8mm shot.

Apparently the owner of the audio recording wanted to get some fresh scans of the slides so he could make some artwork for his CD copy. He's desperately hoarding it, convinced it's the holy grail. IMHO none of the 1975 shows are worthy of that status, but that's just me!
    Agreed. I do enjoy a good 1975 show now and then, especially Landover 1975-06-09 which has some neat moments, but -- unlike Montreal 1977, back when it was hard to get -- there's nothing historical or distinctive about 1975-06-26 to make it sought-after. If anything it's likely to be a tired and disenchanted performance, given that it came toward the end of a tour.

(What is the guy hoping to get for it, anyway? Money? Five years' delay followed by a European grey-market release once the recording is 50 years old? "Equally rare shows"? The still-beating heart of a unicorn?)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Agreed. I do enjoy a good 1975 show now and then, especially Landover 1975-06-09 which has some neat moments, but -- unlike Montreal 1977, back when it was hard to get -- there's nothing historical or distinctive about 1975-06-26 to make it sought-after. If anything it's likely to be a tired and disenchanted performance, given that it came toward the end of a tour.

(What is the guy hoping to get for it, anyway? Money? Five years' delay followed by a European grey-market release once the recording is 50 years old? "Equally rare shows"? The still-beating heart of a unicorn?)
    I don't know about it being a bad show, but still. The show has 30 minutes of footage WITH sound. I wonder how incredible the footage looks (if someone can share a screenshot of the film, that'd be appreciated)
    Concerts:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    If anything it's likely to be a tired and disenchanted performance, given that it came toward the end of a tour.
    For a lot of us, that is likely to be the case but I have a friend that went to the Montreal shows from 71 to 77 and he mentioned the 75 show was the best. Must've been a case of "you had to be there" - apparently there was a full moon.
    --
    Regards,
    Phil

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plegault View Post
    For a lot of us, that is likely to be the case but I have a friend that went to the Montreal shows from 71 to 77 and he mentioned the 75 show was the best. Must've been a case of "you had to be there" - apparently there was a full moon.
    Wasn't there a full moon during Hollywood Bowl 72 aswell? Pretty sure the camera guy got it during Eclipse
    Concerts:

Thanks

I mean, I would definitely be interested in hearing an uncirculated 1975 show, in good quality, but I agree that it is far from a holy grail considering the fact that the set list never changed in that year and we have several excellent recordings from that tour. If it popped up though, I'd at least listen to it once. Who knows, it might be one of those extra inspired performances. You never can tell without hearing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Have A Cigar View Post
    Wasn't there a full moon during Hollywood Bowl 72 aswell? Pretty sure the camera guy got it during Eclipse
    I believe so! The old Crackers lp has a note on the cover about it being recorded "under a full moon and smiling skies".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I believe so! The old Crackers lp has a note on the cover about it being recorded "under a full moon and smiling skies".
    I'd have to watch the show again. It either was shown during CWTAE, or Eclipse
    Concerts:

Thanks

Most impressive. Thanks for these!