Thread: Roger Waters Tampa 2017 Multicam (IEM AUDIO)

Thanks

Default Roger Waters Tampa 2017 Multicam (IEM AUDIO)

Has anyone traded for the full show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Thanks

I can't be the only one who thinks the counting in the IEM seems unnecessary if a band is properly rehearsed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brainysod View Post
    I can't be the only one who thinks the counting in the IEM seems unnecessary if a band is properly rehearsed?
    It's used to synch with the visuals and has nothing to do with being rehearsed.

Thanks

If I may ask though why the musicians need to hear 'guitar in one two three four' etc rather than just a simple click track? I can understand the need to synchronise for the start of a song but I'd have thought Kilminster would know when the guitar solo at the start of WYWH (after a full round of the introduction chords) kicks in without needing to be told. It was the same with Time from one of the Dark Side 2006-08 shows where again for some unknown reason the guitar solo was queued in; I personally would have thought that musicians of that calibre can remember when their big part comes in.
    Roger Waters @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands - 19/06/2018
    Nick Mason @ Portsmouth Guildhall, UK - 23/09/2018
    Nick Mason @ O2, UK 03/03/2020

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tomhinde View Post
    If I may ask though why the musicians need to hear 'guitar in one two three four' etc rather than just a simple click track? I can understand the need to synchronise for the start of a song but I'd have thought Kilminster would know when the guitar solo at the start of WYWH (after a full round of the introduction chords) kicks in without needing to be told. It was the same with Time from one of the Dark Side 2006-08 shows where again for some unknown reason the guitar solo was queued in; I personally would have thought that musicians of that calibre can remember when their big part comes in.
    Sometimes, the click track can be drowned out by crowds/guitars/effects, etc.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Have A Cigar View Post
    Sometimes, the click track can be drowned out by crowds/guitars/effects, etc.
    Indeed. It is surprisingly easy to get lost in a song sometimes with everything going on. There are a lot of moving parts to the beast, and the individual musicians have a lot to keep in mind even beyond just playing and singing. Pros at this level, playing shows this elaborate and choreographed don't leave much to chance. 99.9% of the time Dave will be absolutely aware of where his solo comes up, etc, but something could happen to distract him, and that cannot happen in front of 50k people, etc. Having a guide like that in your ear is probably also a source of comfort that actually helps the players relax and play better since they don't have to think as much about song forms, etc. Really there are a lot of reasons for the click and the spoken guides, and these are just a few.

Edit: Not replying @ you, Cigar, just adding on.
    Last edited by Lennyif; 2020-07-25 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    It's used to synch with the visuals and has nothing to do with being rehearsed.
    Ooo ok! I always thought each performance was done to a click track so the visuals and track elements would stay in time.