Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Astronomy Domine - Live at the Roundhouse, Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonmc57 View Post
    My Roundhouse Blu-ray was delivered today, at last, ordered early Feb.
    Yep, same here. Was busy this weekend (but often had the CD on in the background). Will watch the BR today.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks

I got the cd on Sunday, and man, do I love this album! I was really looking forward to it and hoping that it would live up to the quality of the show I attended and the boots I have been enjoying, and it absolutely does. The mix is fantastic and the performances are killer, and I like this band even more than I did previously, which I thought was impossible.

Sorry for gushing, but I really do think it's that good. No complaints here, and this one will be going on my shelf with the other "sacred" pre darkside Floyd cd's. Will probably buy the vinyl when the budget allows as well.

Great work, Saucers! Here's hoping there are more tours, and maybe even another live album down the road with a completely different set of tunes. Looking forward to Guy and Gary's podcasts in the meantime.
    Last edited by Lennyif; 2020-09-21 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks

Hey Lennyif, couldn't agree with you more, it's a fantastic performance and the recording and presentation are excellent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnjohnstone View Post
    Hey Lennyif, couldn't agree with you more, it's a fantastic performance and the recording and presentation are excellent.
    I love the performance. Full stop. The interplay between the musicians is fantastic. I feel like you have to go back to The Band to find a band with such an egalitarian approach to performance. And of course they have great material to work with.

I like the audio but it borders on too slick. The 5.1 mix helps but the direct-injection of all of the audio takes away some of the impact of the live experience. By not being able to "hear the room" at all, I feel like I'm listening to a studio recording, albeit one with minimal overdubs. Don't delete your ROIOs! I have to say that the drum sound is amazing, though.

I think the video is waaaaay overproduced. IMHO they made a mistake by having a zillion cuts. It is dizzying and not in a good way. Frankly I'd rather watch a single-camera film. More realistically, they could take a "Live at Pompeii" approach. Less is more.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,040 Times in 42 Posts

Just received my DVD/CD/poster yesterday afternoon.
    Amazing!
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

Just got mine this afternoon and spinning it right now. I agree it feels a little too slick without much audience mixed in. However, there's lots of little touches in keyboards and sounds that I didn't hear during the actual live performance. Love it anyway, great material and I hope they someday tour again.
    "You're my family and I love you. But you're terrible, you're all terrible" - Bob's Burgers

Thanks

And my poster is #2582 out of 2600. So close.
    "You're my family and I love you. But you're terrible, you're all terrible" - Bob's Burgers

Thanks

I got mine today.
    Signed poster no. 581 / 2600*
    I have watched a bit of the Blu-ray and I have to say it looks absolutely amazing! The quality, production, everything. And the little interviews between songs are a nice touch and doesn't ruin the experience at all. And if you just wanna watch the concert only there's an option for that*
    Can't wait to sit and watch the entire thing!

Thanks

Does anyone know whether the content on the DVD & Blu-Ray is the same (ie, I think there are some extras on the BR) ?

Torn between the CD / DVD package or the Blu-Ray and downloading / streaming the audio.

Also, is there a legit hi-res audio download available in the UK ?

On HD Tracks it states, 'Not available in your country'.

https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/5e2...05a41f11cb200b

Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
    Does anyone know whether the content on the DVD & Blu-Ray is the same (ie, I think there are some extras on the BR) ?

Torn between the CD / DVD package or the Blu-Ray and downloading / streaming the audio.

Also, is there a legit hi-res audio download available in the UK ?

On HD Tracks it states, 'Not available in your country'.

https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/5e2...05a41f11cb200b

Thanks.
    I've answered my own question;

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/li.../yw26pxf0pm0hc