Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best KAOS Show

Thanks

Default Best KAOS Show

Hey.....just wondering what people's thoughts are on the best sounding KAOS show. Saw the show at the Meadowlands arena and MSG in NY. It would be nice if there was a real good SQ for the NY show. Thank you! -Bob

Thanks

Best sounding? That goes to Quebec 87. It's a soundboard in great quality.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

I can tell you what the worst sounding KOAS show is

2 September 1987 Atlanta

I was there and got excited when I found a recording of this show, that is until I listened to it

Thanks

This one looks really good for the MSG date, but there's no seeders right now.

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...6-Kaos-Msg-Nyc

This looks to be a nice one for the Meadowlands gig:
    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...ht=Meadowlands

I like the Quebec one that Cigar mentioned, and there is a Wembley broadcast, but I have no idea what the best source is for that one. One could put together an almost complete pro audio version of a show from these two.

Thanks

It used to pain me so much that the great-sounding Quebec show was so incomplete, but these days I'm happy never to listen to those arrangements again.

I don't think the Wembley date adds much to Quebec for those who are trying to get close to a full show. There is a lot of overlap with Quebec and still a lot missing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keleven View Post
    It used to pain me so much that the great-sounding Quebec show was so incomplete, but these days I'm happy never to listen to those arrangements again.

I don't think the Wembley date adds much to Quebec for those who are trying to get close to a full show. There is a lot of overlap with Quebec and still a lot missing.
    I think the Quebec show is mostly old Floyd, while Wembley has just about all of the KAOS tracks. Unless there is a longer version of the Quebec show that Iím not aware of?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    I think the Quebec show is mostly old Floyd, while Wembley has just about all of the KAOS tracks. Unless there is a longer version of the Quebec show that Iím not aware of?
    yes, you're right. They both have If, Welcome to the Machine, Radio Waves, & The Powers that Be. Compared to the full set list, the songs that are still missing when you put them together are the obscure KAOS tracks (Going to Live in LA, Molly's Song, Fish Report with a Beat) + Now Now John (the Molly's Song omission being especially frustrating since there's no other decent sounding copy circulating that I've ever heard). But actually closer to a complete show than I remembered. Of course the sound on Wembley is different and not as good as Quebec so it would sound kind of funny trying to use them to make a Frankenshow.

Thanks

I think the Quebec show is mostly old Floyd, while Wembley has just about all of the KAOS tracks. Unless there is a longer version of the Quebec show that I’m not aware of?
    There is a longer version, but it is audience + soundboard mixed together to fill in the gaps left by the soundboard IIRC.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

IMO the best version of the Quebec date is KAOS on the Road. Unfortunately I don't think that can be shared here.

For the feeling of being there I'm fond of the 11-10-87 Hamilton [rec 2] recording. To my ear it sounds damn close to what I heard at the Portland, ME date a few days earlier.
    "You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye in eighty years with luck or even less."

Thanks

This one looks really good for the MSG date, but there's no seeders right now.

http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...6-Kaos-Msg-Nyc

This looks to be a nice one for the Meadowlands gig:
    http://yeeshkul.com/forum/showthread...ht=Meadowlands

I like the Quebec one that Cigar mentioned, and there is a Wembley broadcast, but I have no idea what the best source is for that one. One could put together an almost complete pro audio version of a show from these two.
    Thanks for posting this and thanks to the seeders for re-seeding! I have downloaded both and will check them out.