View Poll Results: Do you play studio and official albums anymore?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Why Bother. I've heard it once already"

2 2.44%
  • "Why Bother. I can listen to any official song by memory in my head"

10 12.20%
  • "What's an official album? Wasn't Kralingen or Pinky their first album?"

6 7.32%
  • 60's

12 14.63%
  • 60s-70s

54 65.85%
  • Waters era

44 53.66%
  • Gilmour led era

29 35.37%
  • "I play officially released tracks that were previously unreleased"

15 18.29%
  • "I rarely play live performances"

2 2.44%
  • "I think I'm in the wrong place"

2 2.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you listen to the studio albums at all, just 60's 65-66 67-72 67-77 67-83 87-14

Thanks
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 74 Posts

Question Do you listen to the studio albums at all, just 60's 65-66 67-72 67-77 67-83 87-14

Do you ever play Floyd after 87? after 77? just 67?

I only play mono saucerful and have not listened to any other studio album in decades since I had 1 of only 2 copies of imported Division Bell cds luckily it had a cracked case under the sticker so Sony kept good one, I was still working part-time at the Batman Records Stores and played the cd all day nobody knew what it was nor asked, Even the sales reps later on just got a blue cassette with their press release. I only listened to the 60's organ song on Endless River Autumn 68?

I wanted to post a poll but unsure how will press the button and see...

So Do you play official albums?

1. Answer: "Why Bother. I've heard it once already"
    2. Answer: "Why Bother. I can listen to any official song by memory in my head"
    3. Answer: "What's an official album? Wasn't Pinky or Kralingen their first album?"
    4. Answer: 60's
    5. Answer 60s-70-s
    6. Answer Waters era
    7. Answer Gilmour led era
    8. Answer "I play officially released tracks that were previously unreleased"
    9. Answer "I rarely play live performances"
    10. Answer "I think I'm in the wrong place"

Just type the corresponding numbers for answers unsure about poll...

Thanks

[QUOTE=CCE338;292461]Do you ever play Floyd after 87? after 77? just 67?

I only play mono saucerful and have not listened to any other studio album in decades since I had 1 of only 2 copies of imported Division Bell cds luckily it had a cracked case under the sticker so Sony kept good one, I was still working part-time at the Batman Records Stores and played the cd all day nobody knew what it was nor asked, Even the sales reps later on just got a blue cassette with their press release. I only listened to the 60's organ song on Endless River Autumn 68?

I wanted to post a poll but unsure how will press the button and see...

So Do you play official albums?"

How can you play them from memory?
    Okay, 10 poll questions and none of them contain my answer:

I select an album to play from any era depending on which one I feel like listening to, though I am not still stuck in the 1960s like so many are on here.

No wonder we are all still awaiting a "Middle Years" box set (which would be splendid if it contained some DVD/Blu-ray discs of those elusive live concerts.

Thanks

I play new Delicate Sound of Thunder and AMLOR remixes.
    Moreover I made myself compilations of officialy released stuff:
    - Wembley 1974 (DSOTM & WYWH experience editions + EY)
    - BBC (EY)
    - Zabriskie Point (OST+EY)
    That's my recent official Floyd

Thanks

Good poll. Several options for each - and no "yes - no" guillotine.

The only album for me that cannot be played inside my head is UMMAGUMMA.

My acquaintance with PF took place in the following order: TDSOTM, WYWH, THE WALL, OBC, ANIMALS, TPAGOT, ASFOS, TFC, MEDDLE, AHM, UMMAGUMMA, MORE ...

Every time I was amazed by the new musical solutions, although I knew the time line.

Something like more, something like less ...

But I like all the albums.

Each of them is attractive in its own way.

PF fan since 1982
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChb...=dd&shelf_id=0

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Floydy View Post

I select an album to play from any era depending on which one I feel like listening to, though I am not still stuck in the 1960s like so many are on here.

No wonder we are all still awaiting a "Middle Years" box set (which would be splendid if it contained some DVD/Blu-ray discs of those elusive live concerts.
    I listen to Radio Kaos concerts a lot since Nipote organised his lists and seeded everything I guess nearly everything is here now?

Is it Three Rivers 75 that was meant to be filmed I listen from 65-75 live I usually seek out first performances so Jan 23 77 I love Ricks Piano at End Shine On beautiful, also Colmar earliest recording we have from 74 I love that Shine On 2nd after the 23rd Jan one, I just wish taper of Colmar hadn't fiddled with the machine right at the end as it is such a sad mournful ending.

For a long time i've just had Bladerunner disc 2 mono saucer and kaos 2nd disc some date in outside player I keep in old fridge with power and lights and extension leads,

Oh I noticed on facebook rpf updated www.rarepinkfloyd.fr i havent looked yet but its been amazing resource for years and like Y'In improves with age

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by YASSHA View Post
    Good poll. Several options for each - and no "yes - no" guillotine.

My acquaintance with PF took place in the following order: TDSOTM, WYWH, THE WALL, OBC, ANIMALS, TPAGOT, ASFOS, TFC, MEDDLE, AHM, UMMAGUMMA, MORE ...
    Thanks for saying it's a good poll I tried I think I hear WYWH first Animals ASFOS can't remember after that...
    [QUOTE=Floydy;292462]
    Quote Originally Posted by CCE338 View Post

So Do you play official albums?"

How can you play them from memory?
    I can hear less than a second of music and play it back in my head and work out what song it was and can start any album and just start it playing I've played everything too many times... Around Y2K I still had 1 of every album with less than 5 plays... I also had over 50 TDSOTM's and 50 WYWH's. When I think of the song Money I hear Roger's acoustic demo not the single or album edits and I had that Money demo long before Immersion or maybe before Y?

I also play Cirrus Minor on Youtube as that is my favourite Pink Floyd song.

Please feel free to add extra numbers 11 12 13 14 etc describing your interaction. It is a multiple answer so tick away!
    Last edited by CCE338; 2020-08-22 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks

I see one person has voted yes to every answer.
    How does that work?
    LOL

Thanks

I will listen to any Floyd (or related) - the era doesn't bother me as they all have something to offer - tho I do prefer the early-mid 70s.

I have a load of live stuff (thanks to Y!) and all my music has been made digital and goes with me via phone so - anything goes.

Nice poll - as said not just a "yes/no" answer.

And loving Rogers new recordings - great to hears songs we know so well with a different feel to them.
    Last edited by kardyl; 2020-08-22 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added Roger
    Overhead the albatross...

Roger Waters - 2007-01-29 - The Dark Side Tour - North Harbour, Auckland, NZ
    Roger Waters - 2012-02-18, 20, 22, 23 - The Wall - Vector Arena, Auckland, NZ
    Roger Waters - 2018-01-30 - Us & Them - Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, NZ

Thanks

I do still play the studio albums, but I deliberately do it on rare occasions. I listen to some live stuff almost every day, usually from 1969 -1972. When I do play the studio stuff, it’s from any era and it just depends on the season or how the sun looks through my window that day. Rainy days with the Floyd of course are the best.

Roger centric stuff is always at night on headphones, on only on a night where I don’t plan on sleeping for a while. I find things like The Final Cut work best with very focused listening.

Thanks

I gravitate toward unofficial 1970 and 1971 stuff, but if I had to broaden it a bit it would unofficial 1970-1975.