View Poll Results: Do you play studio and official albums anymore?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Why Bother. I've heard it once already"

2 2.44%
  • "Why Bother. I can listen to any official song by memory in my head"

10 12.20%
  • "What's an official album? Wasn't Kralingen or Pinky their first album?"

6 7.32%
  • 60's

12 14.63%
  • 60s-70s

54 65.85%
  • Waters era

44 53.66%
  • Gilmour led era

29 35.37%
  • "I play officially released tracks that were previously unreleased"

15 18.29%
  • "I rarely play live performances"

2 2.44%
  • "I think I'm in the wrong place"

2 2.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you listen to the studio albums at all, just 60's 65-66 67-72 67-77 67-83 87-14

Thanks

I recently upgraded my home theatre setup to a modest Denon receiver with KEF surround speakers (and a 4K UD 65"LG TV). This has made me really go back to the studio albums that have been released in 4.0 and 5.1 and I am enjoying them a lot.

It's like the old days when I first discovered Floyd and heard the albums again and again.

I listen to Meddle a lot and a little bit of AHM. The ones I listen to the most are DSotM (in 4.0 and 5.1), WYWH (in 4.0 and 5.1) and Amused to Death.

There is something so delightful in being surrounded by the music. I enjoy AMLoR and TDB a lot as well.

The setup really makes me want Animals 5.1 more now!!

Thanks

I rushed my answer, not realizing it was a multiple choice poll. But I have to say I am more likely to listen to things that were released more recently.

I'm still looking for a non-vinyl/non-vinyl-sourced version of ASOS mono.
    Seeking the following:
    • PIL
    • Arcade Fire
    • My Bloody Valentine

Thanks
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 74 Posts

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by triply View Post
    I recently upgraded my home theatre setup to a modest Denon receiver with KEF surround speakers (and a 4K UD 65"LG TV). This has made me really go back to the studio albums that have been released in 4.0 and 5.1 and I am enjoying them a lot.

It's like the old days when I first discovered Floyd and heard the albums again and again.

I listen to Meddle a lot and a little bit of AHM. The ones I listen to the most are DSotM (in 4.0 and 5.1), WYWH (in 4.0 and 5.1) and Amused to Death.

There is something so delightful in being surrounded by the music. I enjoy AMLoR and TDB a lot as well.

The setup really makes me want Animals 5.1 more now!!
    Around 29 years ago I heard true QUAD for the only time ever at Ron Brain's House his entire garage was his music system! He played me AHM only.

Back in mid 90's I had a Yamaha DSP A1000 with 2 main speakers, 2 front speakers, a centre speaker, 2 rear speakers, and I hooked in halfway along the room mid-room Front to Back Speakers, I never got the subwoofer...

Anyway I was listening to OBC and the soaring guitar solo on Mudmen the guitar went from the front of the room to behind me amazing!!

Also I could play old live tapes and set the distance of the back wall to recreate Club, Hall, Arena, etc. recordings and really enjoy them.

However the best music I have ever heard was on a $6K old 78 player at a record shop I worked at in early 90's, My boss said go and choose any 78 from the wall of shellac and he told me to stand outside the shop while he started the 78 in the back room of the shop it was around 6 feet tall and extremely well built... I've not hallucinated but I could literally "SEE" the music float out the front door of shop under outside roof and into the sky! How I wish I knew about Fletcher Henderson in the 80's I could have found some really nice things...

Thanks for everyone's posts great to read about how we all desire differing aspects of such a diverse band