Thread: Yeeshkul! slow response times?

Thanks

Default Yeeshkul! slow response times?

Every morning, I trawl round a dozen or so sites looking for news, Yeeshkul being one of them. I get pretty instant response times from all of them apart from Yeeshkul which, 4 times out of 5, either takes ages to respond or comes up with the message "This site canít be reached. Yeeshkul.com took too long to respond. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". Just wondered if it's me or if anyone else experiences a similar problem. Most other times, it responds fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by simond View Post
    Every morning, I trawl round a dozen or so sites looking for news, Yeeshkul being one of them. I get pretty instant response times from all of them apart from Yeeshkul which, 4 times out of 5, either takes ages to respond or comes up with the message "This site can’t be reached. Yeeshkul.com took too long to respond. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". Just wondered if it's me or if anyone else experiences a similar problem. Most other times, it responds fine.
    Hmm ever since my mum died and Dad stopped foxtel, Dad and I have had major issues with connecting to any site at all. It's old double-brick walls but used to work fine, I just did Telstra speed test and 26.7Mbps. But repeatedly every few minutes a site won't work, sometimes I trick it by opening Coles website which is pretty quick but most of the time the dongle has to be unplugged, wait, put back, I had just tried to post a thread on Pink Floyd Badges and it absolutely refused to work no green light on High-Gain AC500 uplink I can't read back the brand appears as a letter P which doesn't connect on lower curve, Telstra doesn't show the result for upload speed at the end of the test just before it seemed to be 11Mbps.

The other day it was 24.2Mbps got it back up to 55Mbps download after needing dad's help turning off power points behind angled tv in corner of room. Counting 30 seconds and then turned back on to get that ol' 55.
    I don't know the answer I can use my mobile in here and it connects BUT it is a lot slower than it use to be NBN or Nothing But Nuisance comes through ancient pipe under driveway that's been there over 60-70 years and then a right angle. Can anybody help me get a round tuit? That's an old joke slow internet is a new joke! I think it is normal now for slower speeds across the board but I haven't researched to prove it... Good Luck

EDIT: It seems to occur when a window has been open too long while I type, solution for now is for me to type messages in notepad and then at a time when I've just successfully got back onto Y I paste the info in and I'll try again see how long til response, it timed out completely but TTD came up straight away.Bring back machine code and mainframes I could cope with that...

EDIT: Took very long time but did post the message so while waiting for Y , I tried previous solution, this time Coles would not work but TTD worked so try opening thetradersden, it prompted this computer a several times now. Talknowledgy is what we were meant to have on this planet and all the scientists and corporations have already given up on Gaia, I just went to check something Server not found for GOOGLE so i'll give trial separation to dongle and cord, check coles it worked so Ill send now
    Last edited by CCE338; 2020-08-22 at 08:38 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simond View Post
    Every morning, I trawl round a dozen or so sites looking for news, Yeeshkul being one of them. I get pretty instant response times from all of them apart from Yeeshkul which, 4 times out of 5, either takes ages to respond or comes up with the message "This site canít be reached. Yeeshkul.com took too long to respond. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". Just wondered if it's me or if anyone else experiences a similar problem.
    I think I have occasionally seen this, but not regularly. By strange coincidence, however, this very thread did not fully load and sat there with a loading spinner in the browser tab, even though enough of the content was there to read your message and post this reply.

Most other times, it responds fine.
    So you mean it's only plays up for you 4 times out of 5 in the morning browse, and is reliable at other times of day? I wonder if your morning browse happens to overlap some maintenance job on the site, though usually that doesn't manifest itself with a site reachability error.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snagu View Post
    So you mean it's only plays up for you 4 times out of 5 in the morning browse, and is reliable at other times of day? I wonder if your morning browse happens to overlap some maintenance job on the site, though usually that doesn't manifest itself with a site reachability error.
    Yes, I think it's only first thing in the mornings. Maybe the odd occasion at other times. It's responding super-fast at the moment.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,325 Times in 97 Posts

The ony maintainence job is backup which occurs at 0500hrs EST (whatever that is now - Daylight Saving Time in all)

I smell shite myself.