Thread: anyone who's also a member of Perfect Purple Deep Purple tracker here?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 29 Posts

Default anyone who's also a member of Perfect Purple Deep Purple tracker here?

Hi, it might be a weird request here at Y's i know... but i explain it better.

I do have a never circulated/copied/digitized audience master cassette of a Deep Purple gig in Rome around mid 80's... it's a friend of mine who recorded it himself but he didn't write a date on the tape, unfortunately.

doing some research, this tape must be from the 1987 tour and they played 2 gigs in Rome, just in the venue mentioned by my friend, on september 5th and 6th 1987 then it's from either of these two dates.

I discovered they do have both dates listed there at the "Perfect Purple" Deep Purple tracker but, without being a member there, i cannot even read the pages and (at least) check the setlists.
    New memberships are closed there now, so to sign up you need an invitation by an actual member.

Is there anyone here who is a member there who might get me an invitation, perhaps?

I would love to transfer and share this uncirculated master but, at least, i would like to put it into circulation with the right date written on it.

Cheers,

Vince.

Thanks

Hi Vince,

I'm not a member there so unfortunately I can't help in that regard. Perhaps setlist.fm may be of some use until you can register on the tracker? Their entries for both shows suggest slightly different setlists:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deep-...-3bfccc44.html
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deep-...-73de3ed5.html

It looks like 'Child in Time' was only performed on September 5th. If your friend's recording has that song, perhaps it's an indicator of it being from the 5th.

Thanks

Hi and thank you for replying, ScottF.

well... yesterday night i went and transferred the tape to better check it.
    there is Child in Time in the tape here (even if not complete) then, if the setlists you mentioned (which i had also noticed myself) are really accurate then the cassette i have here is from september 5th.

i've found a video on youtube which is just from the same gig but, unfortunately, they say Rome 1987 without being more specific about it being september 5th or 6th...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdxk72Il2s
    must reply there at youtube and ask the guy if he knows the exact date of that video... the tape here is less complete than the video (it misses some of the first few songs) but it does sound better, like if it was captured from a better/closer place than that video.

one thing which was making me going mad (even because i don't know most of the Deep Purple songs!) is that, on this tape, i have the first song which wasn't present on any of those setlists... but then i realized it was one song recorded from the supporter band, Pretty Maids (song is "waiting for the time"), like mentioned here in that ticket:
    http://www.iocero.com/eventdetail.aspx?idEvent=19993

so, most likely this tape is just from september 5th but cannot be 100% sure yet...

hoping that anyone from the Perfect Purple forum will notice this thread and chime in, so that i will have the definitive confirm.

and thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,

Vince.
    Last edited by vince666; 2020-08-31 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,903 Times in 94 Posts

I'm a member of Perfect Purple although I don't visit it much, I had to check if my account is even still active which it was. I looked around and I can't find any options for inviting people in. Anyway, here are the setlists of the two and only uploads of these two dates I found there:

September 5:

Highway Star
    Strange Kind Of Woman
    The Unwritten Law
    Dead Or Alive
    Perfect Strangers
    Bad Attitude
    Child In Time
    Difficult To Cure
    Knocking At Your Back Door
    Lazy
    Space Truckin'
    Black Night
    Smoke On The Water

September 6:

Highway Star
    Strange Kind Of Woman
    The Unwritten Law
    Dead Or Alive
    Perfect Strangers
    Bad Attitude
    Difficult To Cure
    Knocking At Your Back Door
    Lazy
    Space Truckin'
    Black Night
    Woman From Tokyo
    Hush
    Smoke On The Water

Thanks

Thank you, Bert!

This simply solves the mystery.

mine is a new/uncirculated recorder of september 5th.
    the recording is not complete, it misses some of the first part of the show but my friend did record a segment of Child in Time (present also on the youtube video, which is the same gig as my tape).

so, mystery solved.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Vince.
    Last edited by vince666; 2020-08-31 at 12:37 PM.