Thread: Non-PF official vs. bootleg source aggregation/note-taking

Thanks

Default Non-PF official vs. bootleg source aggregation/note-taking

Hello everyone. Me and pm1532 wanted to start this thread because of a lack of lists of official sources and banned stuff from Yeeshkul. We were very surprised when we found out that there was not much information on such an important topic, specially when there's many artists that do not allow unofficial recordings to be shared on trading sites. It is for this reason that we will post detailed information for anyone who wants to upload a torrent of a non-PF band. We are certain that this will help a lot of people out there who want to share their material. All info will be in posts down below.

Thanks

I'll start with my notes:

Bruce Springsteen:

2014 High Hopes tour notes:

None of the dates are available on Wolfgang's vault.

These following dates are not available on live.brucespringsteen.net:

Feb 5, Feb 16, April 6, May 6, May 18.
    /
    Coverdale-Page:
    No concerts on Wolfgang's Vault or seemingly anywhere else.
    /
    King Crimson:

These dates are on Wolfgang's Vault:
    1969.11.21, 1969.12.13, 1969.12.14, 1972.09.09, 1973.06.25 [audio & video], 1974.04.29, 1981.11.05, 1984.07.11, 1984.12.04 [Bill Bruford interview, audio & video], 1987.03.01 [Ian McDonald interview, audio only]
    /
    Led Zeppelin:
    Nothing's on Wolfgang's Vault (as it should be). Here are the following dates that have been made officially available:

1969.10.10 (LZI Bonus Disc), 1973.07.27-29 (The Song Remains the Same, sadly wikipedia does not have the tracks broken down by what's actually been used), anthing on BBC Sessions, 1972.06.25 & 1972.06.27 (How the West Was Won), and 2007.12.10 (Celebration Day. Shepperton Rehearsals were dated for 2010.12.06, so the 2007.12.05 Shepperton rehearsals should still be safe.).

Led Zeppelin I 2014 Version:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Ze...)#2014_reissue

The Song Remains the Same:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_So...e_Same_(album)
    (We can debate blacklisting the MSG 1973 dates as the blending is too much, and there's no real record regarding which dates were used for which track. My inner archivist is freaking out typing this preamble.)

BBC Sessions:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Se...eppelin_album)

How the West Was Won:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_th...eppelin_album)
    https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin...lease/12998992

Celebration Day:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebration_Day_(film)
    https://www.discogs.com/Led-Zeppelin...elease/4044555
    /
    Modest Mouse:
    "Baron von Bullshit Rides Again," the band's only live album, was recorded between 2004.02.13-2004.02.15.

Wikipedia link here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_...it_Rides_Again
    /
    The Beatles:
    To be debated in the comments.
    /
    Warren Zevon:
    Anything that's on archive.org, it's best to not post here, as archive.org is free and takes the preservation of his concerts seriously.

If y'all know about other official online concert-sharing sites besides Wolfgang's, Springsteen Archives or archive.org, please list them.

Also, we need to talk about the mp3-only option on Wolfgang's website for streaming/downloading audio.
    Last edited by pm1532; 2020-09-06 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks

The Police:

The Omni, Atlanta, GA - 1983-11-02/03: A mix of these two nights was released on VHS in the mid eighties, which is now out of print. However, it had a DVD re-release back in 2005 under the same name.

https://www.discogs.com/es/The-Polic.../master/109150

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 1986-06-15: This was a very common DVD on the trading scene a few years ago, however many people didn't know that it had an official release on a box-set format. I assume this will apply on any other artist that appeared on this package.

https://www.discogs.com/es/Various-R...elease/6744384

Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 2007-07-07: Live Earth had an official release, so logically it shouldn't be posted elsewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_Earth_(2007_concert)

Estadio River Plate, Buenos Aires, Argentina - 2007-12-01/02: A mix of these two nights was released on CD/DVD/Blu-ray back in 2008. I'm aware that an FM Broadcast of either of these shows is in circulation in a few sites, so whether or not should it be posted here is up for debate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certif...n_Buenos_Aires

I'll keep posting some more of my notes soon.

Thanks

I had a feeling you were going to post something Police related, lol

Well, another one to the pile!

Thanks

Some Who notes, courtesy of Wikipedia:

01) Over the years, several films and albums have been released of the band's concert performances during the Tommy Tour (all are albums, except where noted).

The Who at Kilburn: 1977 (DVD disc 2: London, 14 December 1969, released 2008)[26]
    Live at Leeds (album containing entire Leeds, 14 February 1970 show, released 1970)[27]
    Live at Hull (Hull, 15 February 1970, released 2012)[27]
    Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 (album Isle of Wight Festival, 29 August 1970, released 1996)[27]
    Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 (film Isle of Wight Festival, 29 August 1970, released 1996)[27]
    Additionally, songs recorded during the tour have been released along with other live and/or studio material:

Woodstock (1970): "We're Not Gonna Take It", "See Me, Feel Me", "My Generation", "Summertime Blues" (Woodstock, 17 August 1969)[10]
    Woodstock: Music from the Original Soundtrack and More (1970): "See Me, Feel Me" (Woodstock, 17 August 1969)[10]
    The Story of The Who (1976): "My Generation", "Summertime Blues" (Leeds, 14 February 1970)[28]
    The Kids Are Alright (soundtrack, 1979): "Sparks", "Pinball Wizard", "See Me, Feel Me" (Woodstock, 17 August 1969),[10] "Young Man Blues" (London, 14 December 1969),[26] "Happy Jack" (Leeds, 14 February 1970)[29]
    The Kids Are Alright (film, 1979): "Sparks", "Pinball Wizard", "See Me, Feel Me" (Woodstock, 17 August 1969),[10] "Young Man Blues" (London, 14 December 1969),[26]
    Hooligans (1981): "Summertime Blues" (Leeds, 14 February 1970)[30]
    Thirty Years of Maximum R&B (1994): "Sparks", "Abbie Hoffman Incident"[b] (Woodstock, 17 August 1969),[22] "Substitute", "See Me, Feel Me", "Young Man Blues", "Summertime Blues", "Shakin' All Over" (Leeds, 14 February 1970),[31]
    Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live (1994): "Happy Jack", "I Can't Explain" (London, 14 December 1969),[26] "Heaven and Hell", "I Can't Explain", "Water" (Lenox, 7 July 1970),[32] "Young Man Blues", "I Don't Even Know Myself" (Isle of Wight Festival, 29 August 1970)[33]
    Message to Love (1997): "Young Man Blues", "Naked Eye" (Isle of Wight Festival, 29 August 1970)[33]
    View from a Backstage Pass (2007): "Fortune Teller" (Detroit, 12 October 1969), "Happy Jack", "I'm a Boy", and "A Quick One, While He's Away" (Hull, 15 February 1970)[34]
    Greatest Hits Live (2010): "Magic Bus" (Leeds, 14 February 1970), "Happy Jack", "I'm a Boy" (Hull, 15 February 1970)[35]
    /
    02) Over the years, one film has been released of the band's concert performances during The Who by Numbers Tour.

The Who: Live in Texas '75 (Houston, 20 November 1975, released 2012)[17]
    Additionally, songs recorded during the tour have been released along with other live and/or studio material:

The Kids Are Alright (soundtrack, 1979): "Join Together", "Road Runner", "My Generation Blues" (Pontiac, 6 December 1975)[4]
    The Kids Are Alright (film, 1979): "Join Together", "Road Runner", "My Generation Blues" (Pontiac, 6 December 1975)[4]
    Thirty Years of Maximum R&B (1994): "Dreaming from the Waist", "My Wife" (Swansea, 12 June 1976)[11]
    Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live (1994): "Dreaming from the Waist" (Richfield, 9 December 1975)[4]
    The Who by Numbers (reissue 1996): "Squeeze Box", "Behind Blue Eyes", "Dreaming from the Waist" (Swansea, 12 June 1976)[11]
    View from a Backstage Pass (2007): "Squeeze Box", "Dreaming from the Waist", "Fiddle About", "Pinball Wizard", "I'm Free", "Tommy's Holiday Camp", "We're Not Gonna Take It", "See Me, Feel Me" (Swansea, 12 June 1976)[18]
    Greatest Hits Live (2010): "Pinball Wizard", "I'm Free", "Squeeze Box" (Swansea, 12 June 1976)[19]
    Tommy (reissue 2013): "I'm Free", "Tommy's Holiday Camp", "We're Not Gonna Take It", "See Me, Feel Me" (Swansea, 12 June 1976)[20]
    /
    03) Live material from 1979 has appeared on the following:

The three-disc version of the Who biographical film Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who includes the majority of the band's show of 8 December at the International Amphitheatre in Chicago.
    The version of "How Can You Do It Alone" from the Face Dances reissue also comes from the Chicago show.
    "5:15", "My Wife", "Music Must Change", and "Pinball Wizard" from the Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live video and DVD come from the same Chicago show.[3]
    "Dancing in the Street" from the Won't Get Fooled Again EP was recorded at The Spectrum in Philadelphia on 11 December.
    "Baba O'Riley", "Sister Disco", "Behind Blue Eyes", "See Me, Feel Me" from the Concerts for the People of Kampuchea album were recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon in London on 28 December. "Sister Disco", "Behind Blue Eyes", and "See Me, Feel Me" appear in the film.[4]
    /
    04) Live material from the band's 28 March 1981 Rockpalast performance, recorded at the Grugahalle in Essen, West Germany appears on the 2009 reissue of Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live as a second disc.

Rockpalast TV appearance
    On 28 March, shortly after the UK tour, the group appeared on the German TV program Rockpalast, playing a slightly abbreviated set. This performance later appeared on the reissue of Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live. All songs written by Pete Townshend unless otherwise specified.

"Substitute"
    "I Can't Explain"
    "Baba O'Riley"
    "The Quiet One" (John Entwistle)
    "Don't Let Go the Coat"
    "Sister Disco "
    "You Better You Bet"
    "Drowned"
    "Behind Blue Eyes"
    "Another Tricky Day"
    "Pinball Wizard"
    "Who Are You"
    "5.15"
    "My Generation" (including "Whatcha Gonna Do About It" (Ian Samwell, Ronnie Lane, Steve Marriott))
    "Won't Get Fooled Again"
    Encores:

"Summertime Blues" (Eddie Cochran, Jerry Capehart)
    "Twist and Shout" (Phil Medley, Bert Russell)
    "See Me, Feel Me"

Thanks

05) Live material from 1982 has appeared on a number of different releases:

The Who's Last live album was compiled entirely from 1982 performances, mainly from the show on December 14 at Richfield's Richfield Coliseum; four songs come from different sources (verified by meticulous comparison with soundboard and audience recordings and videos from that tour). "Behind Blue Eyes" is from October 10 show at Brendan Byrne Arena in East Rutherford; "Magic Bus" and "Summertime Blues" are from 20 October show at the Kingdome in Seattle; and "Substitute" is from the October 27 show at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego.
    The versions of "I Can't Explain", "Substitute", "My Generation", "A Man Is a Man", and "5.15" included as bonus material on the Live at Shea Stadium Blu-ray and DVD come from the first night at Shea Stadium in New York City on October 12; the show from the following night is the main feature of the release.
    The version of "Twist and Shout" on the Thirty Years of Maximum R&B box set comes from the penultimate night of the tour at Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens on December 16 (mislabelled in the liner notes as coming from the CNE Stadium show in Toronto on 9 October).
    The versions of "Love Reign O'er Me" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" on the Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live video and DVD come from the second night at Shea Stadium in New York City on October 13 – "Won't Get Fooled Again" was only included on the 2009 re-release.
    The live version of "The Quiet One" on the Face Dances reissue also comes from the Shea Stadium show from October 13.
    The entire Shea Stadium show (minus "5.15") from October 13 was released on DVD and Blu-ray in 2015 as Live at Shea Stadium, with several songs (listed above) from the October 12 show as bonus material.
    The tour's final show at Toronto's Maple Leaf Gardens on December 17 was released on VHS as The Who Rocks America in 1983 and on DVD as Live from Toronto in 2006, albeit in edited form and missing some songs.
    The live versions of "It's Hard", "Eminence Front", "Dangerous", and "Cry If You Want" on the It's Hard reissue also come from the Toronto show on December 17.
    /
    06) Live material from 1989 has appeared on a number of different releases:

The Join Together live album consisted entirely from the North American 1989 tour performances: the live rendition of Tommy was compiled from the shows on 27 June at New York City's Radio City Music Hall and the show on 24 August at the Universal Amphitheatre in Los Angeles. Songs from the second part of the album originated from 6 concerts (verified by comparison with audience recordings from the tour): "A Little Is Enough" and "Won't Get Fooled Again" come from Pontiac, Michigan, 25 July; "Eminence Front" and "5:15" – Raleigh, North Carolina, 27 July; "Rough Boys" – Tampa, Florida, 29 July; "Trick of the Light" – Vancouver, BC, 19 August; "Face the Face", "Join Together" and "You Better You Bet" come from the show on 22 August at Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego; "Dig", "I Can See for Miles", "Love Reign O'er Me" and "Behind Blue Eyes" come from the show from 24 August at the Universal Amphitheatre in Los Angeles.
    The Tommy and Quadrophenia Live DVD includes the show from 24 August at the Universal Amphitheatre in Los Angeles – the Tommy segment appears on Disc 1 and the rest of the show on Disc 3; Disc 3 also includes "The Acid Queen", "Pinball Wizard", and "A Little Is Enough" from Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, where the band played four shows from 29 June through 2 July (exact dates of the performances are not specified).
    The versions of "I Can See for Miles", "Join Together", "Love, Reign O'er Me", "Baba O'Riley", and "Who Are You" from the 24 August Los Angeles show appear on the Greatest Hits Live compilation.
    The version of "I'm a Man" from the Thirty Years of Maximum R&B boxed set comes from the 27 June New York show.
    The versions of "Boris the Spider", "I Can See for Miles", and "See Me, Feel Me" from the Thirty Years of Maximum R&B Live video and DVD come from Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey (exact dates not specified).
    /
    07) From Tommy and Quadrophenia Live:
    Disc 2: A 90-minute show filmed in Dayton, Ohio on The Who's 1996 United States tour with special guest Billy Idol and film sequences performed by Alex Langdon. Footage of Gary Glitter from the Dayton show was replaced for this DVD with PJ Proby performing the same material from the following year's tour.

"I Am the Sea"
    "The Real Me"
    "Quadrophenia"
    "Cut My Hair"
    "The Punk And The Godfather" (with PJ Proby)
    "I'm One"
    "The Dirty Jobs" (with Simon Townshend on co-lead vocals)
    "Helpless Dancer"
    "Is It In My Head?"
    "I've Had Enough" (with Billy Idol and PJ Proby)
    "5:15"
    "Sea and Sand" (with Billy Idol)
    "Drowned"
    "Bell Boy" (with Billy Idol)
    "Doctor Jimmy"
    "The Rock"
    "Love Reign O'er Me"
    Encore:
    Dayton, OH, 1996 and West Palm Beach, FL, 1997

"Won't Get Fooled Again"
    "Substitute"
    "I Can't Explain"
    "The Kids Are Alright"
    "Behind Blue Eyes"
    "Who Are You"
    /
    08) Live material from 1999 has appeared on the following releases:

The Vegas Job DVD presents the band's segment of the "iBASH'99" event at the MGM Grand Las Vegas on 29 October.
    The Blues to the Bush live album was compiled from the shows of 12 and 13 November at Chicago's House of Blues, and the Shepherd's Bush Empire performances in London on 22 and 23 December.

Thanks

09) Live material from 2000 has appeared on the following releases:

The show of 27 November was released on CD as Live at the Royal Albert Hall. The set also includes bonus material from John Entwistle's last show with the band on 8 February 2002, also at the Royal Albert Hall.
    The 27 November show was also released on DVD as The Who & Special Guests: Live at the Royal Albert Hall, although this release omitted "Getting In Tune" and "Mary Anne with the Shaky Hand".
    /
    10) From the Concert for NYC:
    The Who – Performance: "Who Are You", "Baba O'Riley", "Behind Blue Eyes" "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Officially released tracks:
    "Who Are You" – The Who
    "Baba O'Riley" – The Who
    "Won't Get Fooled Again" – The Who
    /
    11) Live material from 2002 has appeared on the following releases:

Four songs ("I'm Free", "I Don't Even Know Myself", "Summertime Blues", and "Young Man Blues") from the 8 February 2002 show at the Royal Albert Hall in London are included as a bonus disc of the Live at the Royal Albert Hall album, which features the band's 27 November 2000 charity show at the same venue.
    25 of the group's 27 North American shows were released as The Who Encore Series 2002, a practice that would continue for their 2004 and 2006–2007 tours. Only the first show at the Hollywood Bowl on 1 July and the 1 August date at Madison Square Garden in New York City were omitted from the set.
    The DVD Live in Boston chronicles the 27 September show at the Tweeter Center, in Mansfield, Massachusetts on 27 September (mistakenly listed as 24 September).
    /
    12) All 18 of the group's 2004 official concerts were released as The Who Encore Series 2004. Only the band's promotional appearance for CBS at Carnegie Hall in New York was omitted from the series.
    /
    13) Live material from 2006–2007 has appeared on the following releases:

Every performance from 2006–2007 was recorded on both CD and DVD, and (except for the Leeds concert) is available as part of the Encore Series 2006 and 2007 scheme of releases.
    Parts of the band's show of 17 July 2006 at Th้โtre Antique in Vienne, Is่re, France (near Lyon) were included on CD and DVD in the expanded edition of the Endless Wire album:
    CD includes: "The Seeker", "Who Are You", "Mike Post Theme", "The Relay", "Greyhound Girl", "Naked Eye", "Won't Get Fooled Again"/"Old Red Wine".
    DVD includes: "I Can't Explain", "Behind Blue Eyes", "Mike Post Theme", "Baba O'Riley", "Won't Get Fooled Again"/"Old Red Wine".

See the entire Encore catalogue here: https://www.themusic.com/encore/catalog2.php?&q[]=The+Who
    /
    14) The show on 8 July 2013 at Wembley Arena (the last of the tour) was released as Quadrophenia Live in London.
    /
    15) 1 April 2017: This show was officially released on 13 October 2017 as Tommy - Live At The Royal Albert Hall on various formats (2 CD Digipack / 3 Vinyls Gatefold / 1 DVD / 1 Blu-ray).[2]

And that's it.

Thanks
    Thanked 47,311 Times in 1,313 Posts

Nice, but don't forget that this is the Pink Floyd and members tracker.

After few months here people are surprised, I'm surprised too, maybe are in the wrong place.

Pink Floyd Audio and Video
    Roger Waters Audio and Video
    David Gilmour Audio and Video
    Syd Barrett Audio and Video
    Nick Mason Audio and Video
    Richard Wright Audio and Video

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nipote View Post
    Nice, but don't forget that this is the Pink Floyd and members tracker.

After few months here people are surprised, I'm surprised too, maybe are in the wrong place.
    Hey Nipote.

We'll do our best to make sure that this tracker does not get overrun with boots from non-PF bands/artists.

Though honestly, I am also baffled by how some people can look at this and not realize that this is a PF tracker first and foremost.

I promise to have a more concise and definitive statement later on, as my mind is tired, but not sleepy.

-pm1532/Patrick