Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pink Floyd observations from UFO Club and Roundhouse 67

Thanks

That is a good question I have no idea, maybe they had to pay more for the rights if it's longer? Has anyone compared the DVD to the Blue ray for the 65 67 footage? Someone told me the DVD looks better for older films than the blue ray, though I do not have a Blu-ray to compare it with.

Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    Yeah I was really impressed with the restored footage on Blu-ray but I can't understand the decision to make it shorter? Why not include the complete film?

Thanks

That is a good question on why they did not have all of it. I would guess Whitehead had some plans to do a film upgrade and release it himself, but unfortunately he died last year so no idea what will happen now. The box set footage looks way better and clearer than the London 66 67 footage that came out first. I hope his estate will release it all in the improved quality. I am sure that would sell decently as the Cambridge Station 65 67 box set is completely sold out on Amazon though all the other years are still available. Nice to see there is some real demand for the Syd Floyd material.

Yeah I was really impressed with the restored footage on Blu-ray but I can't understand the decision to make it shorter? Why not include the complete film?[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Thanked 4,268 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floydfan2410 View Post
    Yeah I was really impressed with the restored footage on Blu-ray but I can't understand the decision to make it shorter? Why not include the complete film?
    The answer to this is obvious - it was editorial decision. The same reason director cutting out all unneccesary trims from the finished production. Complete film is available on London 66-67 already.
    Last edited by hallucalation; 2020-09-16 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks

One of the biggest crimes of music history is not having a legit good quality video/audio of a complete show from Floyd in their UFO hey day or that no one thought it might be a good idea to record the Games for May show. I guess we should be thankful that the Stockholm 67 audio finally came out and is great quality, bummer Syd had mic issues though. Also how on earth did their Technicolor Dream performance NOT get recorded? They toured with Hendrix as well and nothing got recorded. Crazy the bad luck of an Early Floyd fan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    The answer to this is obvious - it was editorial decision. The same reason director cutting out all unneccesary trims from the finished production. Complete film is available on London 66-67 already.
    Yes I know, it's just a shame because they cut out a good chunk of the film and I would love to have it all in that HD quality! It was mentioned a few years ago that a Blu-ray edition was coming out, but obviously it never happened.

Thanks

I believe there will be more goodies to fall out of attics basements private collections etc. What are the chances that we know about everything that still exists? So may things have been a surprise from the Syd Barrett Pink Floyd era. Here are a some possible tapes in existence that I have not seen much written about. I hope to contact some of these people or get others to who have the right connections cause this stuff may possibly exist.
    It seems that at least one 1966 Marquee performance may have been recorded by someone named Ian Somerville and seems likely other shows may have been recorded as well. This is mentioned in the books Pigs Might Fly, sounds like this guy has a LOT of tapes from The Marquee and Syd's Floyd played there pretty often.
    There are also two early 67 shows that are mentioned as having been recorded, just read about them in the book Random Precision.
    I am mostly interested in audio , but film and photos are great too.
    You have 3 versions of Reaction in G out there and not sure if anyone knows the origins, I
    I have been trying to find the Dope outtakes, though I am about %99 sure they do not exist. I am willing to invest money to find some new stuff. Whatever it takes.

It is interesting that some BBC people were at the Games For May show, could they have been scouting for the show Look Of the Week that they were on shortly after?
    Pink Floyd at The Technicolor Dream definitely were filmed and probably with audio too, you can actually see someone filming them in that picture from their. Also why is there only that one picture?
    Some stuff gets lost or wiped but not everything. I also read that the BBC did not always wipe things, sometimes they actioned their film off, so that is another thing to consider if it is true. I read that years ago in a Dr Who article I believe.
    on earth did their Technicolor Dream performance NOT get recorded? They toured with Hendrix as well and nothing got recorded. Crazy the bad luck of an Early Floyd fan[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Friend of Squirrels; 2020-09-18 at 06:52 AM.