Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolling Stone Interview with Guy Pratt

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Rolling Stone Interview with Guy Pratt

Great interview with Guy. Of note the questions regarding DG's 2016 band blowing up mid tour.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tve-ARi7th_8d4

Thanks

Pretty excellent interview. Props to Rolling Stone for giving Guy all that ink. Great questions and answers, really.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaMike View Post
    Great interview with Guy. Of note the questions regarding DG's 2016 band blowing up mid tour.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...tve-ARi7th_8d4
    haha, guy has to be careful if he wants to be on david's next album/tour! he seems to hint that david fired everybody, at least for a moment, so i'm extra curious now, to know what all went down...

great read, though!

Thanks

Thanks, really enjoyed that as well

You have to hand it to Guy, that's one heck of a career. I loved the part about Michael Jackson hiding in the control room while he was recording his bass parts, pretending not to be there?! That made me chuckle!

Thanks

That's a great read, thanks for posting. I'd go for a beer with Guy, wouldn't you?

Thanks

Thanks for posting that, what a great interview. I always assumed the Rattle That Lock tour band was because he'd booked those 10 or so dates initially, and that was going to be it. Then he extended the tour and I assumed the whole band had booked to do other things. I never knew there was any kind of issue there before.

Thanks

The part where he mentions trying out for Floyd in the 80's was kind of funny. David did not really need to hear him play bass.

Reminds me of Snowy White talking about how he got involved in the Floyd in 1976. Roger brought him in, and didn't want to hear him play either. I think he said something like "If you can't play you wouldn't be here right?" and his tryout was basically laying down solo on Pigs on The Wing that David did not care enough to do himself (I guess?).

It's hilarious to me that with their control freak reputations, Roger and David could both decide to hire a musician to tour with them and be that lax about seeing if they were up for the gig.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    The part where he mentions trying out for Floyd in the 80's was kind of funny. David did not really need to hear him play bass.

Reminds me of Snowy White talking about how he got involved in the Floyd in 1976. Roger brought him in, and didn't want to hear him play either. I think he said something like "If you can't play you wouldn't be here right?" and his tryout was basically laying down solo on Pigs on The Wing that David did not care enough to do himself (I guess?).

It's hilarious to me that with their control freak reputations, Roger and David could both decide to hire a musician to tour with them and be that lax about seeing if they were up for the gig.
    The reason why Pigs on The Wings had a solo, is because Roger wanted to fill the 8 track release of Animals. And David wasn't available at the time due to his son being born during production of the album, so Roger got Snowy to do it instead.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

David did record and finish the solo for POTW, but Roger and Nick messed it up and by mistake deleted it,

So since they were looking for a extra guitarist for the tour
    Waters asked White come by the studio while they were recording the album.
    Waters suggested they might as well put Snowy to work, and had him record the solo again, after the mistake they made with David`s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nfloyd View Post
    David did record and finish the solo for POTW, but Roger and Nick messed it up and by mistake deleted it,

So since they were looking for a extra guitarist for the tour
    Waters asked White come by the studio while they were recording the album.
    Waters suggested they might as well put Snowy to work, and had him record the solo again, after the mistake they made with David`s.
    I'm pretty sure the deleting of the solo thing was either for Sheep or Dogs not POTW. I don't recall ever hearing DG recorded a solo for POTW. Need to find a source to confirm.