Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roger Waters: Us + Them, Sky Arts Broadcast

Thanks

Default Roger Waters: Us + Them, Sky Arts Broadcast

Here in the UK, Sky Arts channel are listing Roger Waters: Us + Them for broadcast at 9pm on 26 September in a 150 minute time slot. Channel does have ad breaks. Sandwiching this is Live in Pompeii and Pulse before and The Story of Wish You Were Here after.
    Sky Arts channel has just this month become free-to-air on both Freeview (11) and Freesat (147) - try a channel rescan if they’re not showing already.

Thanks

Did anyone else get the Blu Ray? Thought the thin cardboard sleeve/envelope kinda sucks. I'll have to put it into a proper Blu Ray case. Hope thats not the new trend in Blu Rays.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mekmad View Post
    Did anyone else get the Blu Ray? Thought the thin cardboard sleeve/envelope kinda sucks. I'll have to put it into a proper Blu Ray case. Hope thats not the new trend in Blu Rays.
    Be sure to check that you actually received a Blu Ray disc. I received my "Blu Ray" via Amazon today. The hype sticker on the front indicated that it was the BR release, as did the Amazon stock sticker on back. However, the back of the actual packaging shows it to be DVD. I opened it and it is indeed a DVD, not BR. I'm returning to Amazon and will hopefully get BR replacement instead of another DVD.
    Roger Waters
    - Las Vegas MGM Grand 2010-11-26
    - Las Vegas T-Mobile Arena 2017-06-16

David Gilmour
    - Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl 2016-03-25

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diesel10 View Post
    Be sure to check that you actually received a Blu Ray disc. I received my "Blu Ray" via Amazon today. The hype sticker on the front indicated that it was the BR release, as did the Amazon stock sticker on back. However, the back of the actual packaging shows it to be DVD. I opened it and it is indeed a DVD, not BR. I'm returning to Amazon and will hopefully get BR replacement instead of another DVD.
    This also happened with the DVD copies we received at work; every single one came packaged with a Blu-Ray sticker affixed to the front. Whoops. Watch those stickers and format logos before you open the package, everyone!

Thanks

Yes, both, the DVD and the Blu-ray had the blu-ray sticker. Thankfully, the actual discs were correct.

The blu-ray holder is smaller than the DVD version, just like standard blu-ray cases are, compared to DVD cases.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mekmad View Post
    Hi as soon as i had got mine and see how bad the cover packaging was i sent it right back to store i bought it from right away as i was not paying £20 uk for the disc to come in some tiny thin flimsy cardboard that could fall apart and also scratches disc more times you put it in and out no protection so sent back for refund and will wait till its only few pounds in next year as price will drop.I would not have minded if it came that way but also they added a professional actual blu ray artwork so that you could put it into a blu ray box and add the cover for those of us who wished to have it in proper package so they would give us it way it was sold plus also just threw in a extra case cover for us then we could just add it to a box ourselfs and it would still be all offical so you get like 2 covers when buying one in cardboard for them who wanted it or also one for us who actually like to keep discs in boxes and save them from getting damaged by having it in a hard case with the extra offical art work sleeve that would come with box and we just add cover to our own boxes and we are sorted.

Thanks

Yeah I noticed on both the Bluray and CD copy that they scratch really easily from putting in the sleeve, which is a pain in the ****ing ass, terrible design flaw they carry over on every one of Roger’s releases.

Thanks

Here's the solution; a custom cover for a blu-ray keepcase:

https://fastpic.ru/fullview/114/2020...41156.jpg.html
    Pink Floyd The Wall: June 13th 1981 London
    Pink Floyd: June 14th 1988 Rotterdam
    Pink Floyd: September 4th 1994 Rotterdam
    Roger Waters: May 15th 2002 Rotterdam
    Roger Waters: June 10th 2006 Lichtenvoorde
    Roger Waters: July 7th 2006 Rotterdam
    Roger Waters: May 5th 2007 Arnhem
    Roger Waters: May 11th 2008 Landgraaf
    RW The Wall: April 8th 2011 Arnhem
    RW The Wall: May 28th 2011 Antwerpen
    RW The Wall: July 18th 2013 Arnhem
    RW The Wall: September 8th 2013 Amsterdam
    Roger Waters: May 11th 2018 Antwerpen
    Roger Waters: June 18th 2018 Amsterdam
    Roger Waters: July 14th 2018 Roma
    Nick Mason: September 8th 2018 Antwerpen
    Nick Mason: July 23th 2019 Amsterdam

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FransT View Post
    Here's the solution; a custom cover for a blu-ray keepcase:

https://fastpic.ru/fullview/114/2020...41156.jpg.html
    Thanks for sharing custom cover of offical cover now its a lot better all have to do is print in high quality gloss paper and then its offical cover again for proper case will defo use this when i buy the disc again sometime when its cheaper.

Thanks

I've now started keeping all my discs in a nice 325 disc capacity Case Logic case, so the card cover is a non-issue for me.

That said, it is sad that Roger doesn't put in the effort David does in the physical releases.