Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand alone release of Delicate Sound of Thunder

Thanks

Pink Floyd: new box set out in November!!

Fan: what's in it?

PF: umm, stuff from last year's bigger set

Fan: with a complete show this time, right?

PF: nope

Fan: but with a 4K Blu-ray, since you mention a 4K transfer?

PF: umm...nope

Fan: so it's literally the same content...

PF: well, there's different artwork. oh, and postcards. and the standalone BD/DVD get fewer songs. cool, eh?

Fan: (looks in mirror) are we really gonna do this again?
    I am you and what I see is me.

Thanks

In my opinion, such a marketing policy is terrible and stupid: everything turned into prosaic sales by weight - in tons (pounds).

On the other hand, were the managers too hasty to calculate the profit from the sale of Animals 5.1?

And now they are trying to plug the financial gap of their expectations?

Last edited by YASSHA; 2020-09-25 at 04:47 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChb...=dd&shelf_id=0

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

By the way, I found out that the best way to enjoy this concert is trough a smartphone with an OLED screen, and some good headphones, in my bed at night, with lights out.
    As I think the image could be more close to what people saw if they attend it live, I´m making a few changes to the video, and here is some pics for you to check out. These are video plugins, not photoshop plugins.
    I still think this was the concert I enjoyed the most, by any band at any time. So, I´m always shearching for the best way to revive it.
    I saw it in Paris (Bercy) in 1989. I was 11 years old, my father took me. But, despite my age, and the smoke in the air, I do remeber it quite well!

original1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    original2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    Last edited by gmrw; 2020-09-26 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by YASSHA View Post
    In my opinion, such a marketing policy is terrible and stupid: everything turned into prosaic sales by weight - in tons (pounds).

On the other hand, were the managers too hasty to calculate the profit from the sale of Animals 5.1?

And now they are trying to plug the financial gap of their expectations?

One release has nothing to do with the other. This was always the plan along with the canceled cinema screening.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    One release has nothing to do with the other. This was always the plan along with the canceled cinema screening.
    Thank you. You put me at ease
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChb...=dd&shelf_id=0

Resourcefulness and bravery
    Courage and good luck!
    In trouble don't get confused-
    That's the main challenge!

TBS14

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    And the people that bought TLY box would all be bitching about being ripped off and forced to buy this because one things is different. No winners here.
    I still feel ripped off, after having sold a kidney to buy the Later Years. Luckily I don't run any more to the shop whenever some PF product sees the light of day. DSOT, now with extra postcards!

Thanks

The stand alone release of the audio of Delicate Sound of Thunder (2019 Extended Remix) is a good thing, for those fans that could not afford The Later Years. Only £14.99 on 2CD

Perhaps they should be considering releasing A Momentary Lapse of Reason (2019 Updated Remix), for those same fans.

Having done that, circle back and release Obscured by Clouds (2016 Remix), which although released with The Early Years and Obsfuc/ation was perhaps considered too expensive for some.

Whilst AMLOR and OBC are interesting remixes, DSOT is (IMHO) an important update on the original release and should be heard more widely.

The only thing of interest for those who already have TLY is, perhaps, the 3LP release for those who still cling to records (or as they seem to be called nowadays, vinyl, at £57.99).

Edit: Both the 2CD and 3LP contain all 23 tracks, the Videos are 16 tracks plus 5 bonus live tracks originally from AMLOR.
    Last edited by CDS AudioFiles; 2020-09-26 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks

So we still will not have complete show on audio cd?.I had looked at listing for this updated one and i noticed if im correct 2 tracks missing i may be wrong but could not see welcome to the machine or even another brick part 2 on listing but the tracks are both on the later years set version?. I like many did not have money for that set but was given a download from someone of all albums in set and if i am pretty sure the live album on that has the complete show? if so it makes no sense to not add 2 tracks to cd set as they could make full show avaliable as it could easily fit on both cds as what a cd is about 80min rec time? and each part of show is like about a hour or few mins or so over part 2 being mabe about hour and 15 something like that?. So would it not have made sense to them to just give us the full show? if i am wrong i will accept it be good to hear what people think of this and who could possibly point me to things i am missing out as i say i only have a audio download of the cds from set a friend gave me but would have to look and see files to see whats there and not.ps also why they have to edit the bass solo in money is this only solo edited on this album live one? or even tracks on the remix album etc as i myself am not sure what is missing solo wise etc but i do prefer the remix album its pretty good sounds more like a 2019 album now than back in 80s also live album is more entertaining but will never take feeling away from my old live cd as in whats cut and not as i am happy that i do get to own the old cd containing full solos.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toxie View Post
    So we still will not have complete show on audio cd?....

The 2CD (and 3LP) set contains all 23 songs including Welcome To The Machine and Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2) which are missing from the video as well as 5 tracks from AMLOR which are present in Stereo only on the BluRay/DVD as bonus tracks.

Video is 16 tracks + 5 tracks as bonus content. (Edit: The 5 bonus tracks are only on the box set versions of the video apparently)
    Last edited by CDS AudioFiles; 2020-09-26 at 05:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,281 Times in 62 Posts

I think the stand alone release of DSOT is totally OK in this form.
    The only thing that ****s me up somehow is the price of the triple vinyl.
    60+ Euro for 3 LPs is disgusting...

And BTW: The OBC remix was not interesting at all! In the end it took away as much as it gave.
    To me it sounded like a "quick and dirty" put together remix on modern equipment.
    The Meddle remix did far more for the music, but also this one is just different from, not better than the original.
    “Stupidity has a certain charm - ignorance does not.”
    Frank Zappa

Look for news on soundcloud

Latest Album