Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stand alone release of Delicate Sound of Thunder

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruben77 View Post
    Nope. Nothing. (Or maybe the menus?)

This is most probably targeted to the people who didn't buy the Later Years box, or to those who wished to have the LP version. Is good to have plenty of options available for different buyers. But, actually, if someone already own the Later years, then why bother to get this? (unless you are a completist, of course.)

Now, I wonder if they have plans to release the re-edited Pulse and the remixed AMLOR album also as separate sets. Because then the Later Years box would make much less sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDS AudioFiles View Post
    The only real difference is the availability of DSOT on 3 LPs including all 23 tracks from the setlist.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm trying to get away from buying stuff I already own, but easier said than done sometimes...
    I am you and what I see is me.

Thanks

That's for the deluxe set.
    Much cheaper if you buy the CD and Blu-Ray separately 25+35=$60. You'll miss the 40-page book, poster and cards, though.
    Standalone DVD and BD don't have 5 bonus tracks that are available if you buy 2CD+DVD+BD box.

Thanks

Nope. Nothing. (Or maybe the menus?)

This is most probably targeted to the people who didn't buy the Later Years box, or to those who wished to have the LP version. Is good to have plenty of options available for different buyers. But, actually, if someone already own the Later years, then why bother to get this? (unless you are a completist, of course.)

Now, I wonder if they have plans to release the re-edited Pulse and the remixed AMLOR album also as separate sets. Because then the Later Years box would make much less sense.
    Definitely targeted to me. I bought the box digitally, so it was only the audio content, and it was only $50 or something. For video stuff, I tend to watch it like once or twice and then never again, so being able to get the dvd for like $14 is exactly right for my needs and budget.

Thanks

These guys don't really know how to sell a video. All they had to do, was put the extra songs in the main movie, with a 5.1 audio mix. That way, many people who did buy the Later Years box would buy this anyway!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmrw View Post
    These guys don't really know how to sell a video. All they had to do, was put the extra songs in the main movie, with a 5.1 audio mix. That way, many people who did buy the Later Years box would buy this anyway!
    And the people that bought TLY box would all be bitching about being ripped off and forced to buy this because one things is different. No winners here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    And the people that bought TLY box would all be bitching about being ripped off and forced to buy this because one things is different. No winners here.
    That's true.

Thanks

Damn, Pink Floyd has been making some terrible ****ing marketing choices lately.
    Concerts:

Roger Waters - Philadelphia, 2017.

Ozzy Osbourne - Camden, NJ, 2018.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Have A Cigar View Post
    Damn, Pink Floyd has been making some terrible ****ing marketing choices lately.
    I don `t believe. they keep selling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooncusser View Post
    Does this release have something different from the Later Years content, aside from packaging?
    Damn, at least they could have added som marbles...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Have A Cigar View Post
    How so?

This release is not targeted at people who bought the box set. This is a release that gets the new DSoT out to more people, while at the same time not pissing off the people who bought the box set last year.
    As with other Gilmour releases, it is available in a variety of configurations for people.

Apart from the lacklustre cover, I do not see anything amiss with this release.