Thread: Hakone Aphrodite the real first day recordings??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,900 Times in 22 Posts

Default Hakone Aphrodite the real first day recordings??

EMPRESS VALLEY, famous for the CD release with titles such as Led Zeppelin, has announced that Pink Floyd's Hakone Aphrodite will be released at bootleg shops in Japan.

The notice posted in the store is as follows:
    "Hakone Aphrodite, which has been released so far, is recorded for the second day. This time, a genuine first-day recording will appear."
    ....If this is true, the previous source is incorrect and all records are rewritten.

According to the information I got, the new sound source is that taper was participating in the Hakone Aphrodite performance on both days at that time, and the recording on the first day will be released.
    There is also information that the setlist is different from previous sources.

I will post more information as soon as I find out new information.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,191 Times in 48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shuffle View Post
    EMPRESS VALLEY, famous for the CD release with titles such as Led Zeppelin, has announced that Pink Floyd's Hakone Aphrodite will be released at bootleg shops in Japan.

The notice posted in the store is as follows:
    "Hakone Aphrodite, which has been released so far, is recorded for the second day. This time, a genuine first-day recording will appear."
    ....If this is true, the previous source is incorrect and all records are rewritten.

According to the information I got, the new sound source is that taper was participating in the Hakone Aphrodite performance on both days at that time, and the recording on the first day will be released.
    There is also information that the setlist is different from previous sources.

I will post more information as soon as I find out new information.
    Fantastic news!
    Would you like to send our coloured cousins home again, my friend?
    All you need to do is follow the worms

Thanks

That would be quite a release!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 42 Posts

If this is accurate, it would be quite a find.
    The Japanese audiences are so quiet and respectful that it maximizes the opportunity to capture an excellent recording if the equipment used is good and the taper knows how to use it.
    "I don't know; I was really drunk at the time." - Henry McCullough

Thanks

Oh, man, finally. If true this is great news. I've been wondering for years and years why we only have one show out of two, with so many recordings of one and none of the other.

What a wild turn of events if all along we've had the wrong date assigned to that show. (Shades of Montreux 1970.) Don't we have pictures of master tapes, though, with the date written on them?

My impression is that the show on the 7th started in the early morning/very late night -- maybe that helped contribute to the confusion. (Shades of Radio City 1973...)
    Last edited by goldenband; 2020-10-25 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks

Well, the taper of Recorder 3 has uploaded parts of the show on YouTube - AHM, GitC/CwtAE, Echoes
    or a consolidated version and he's explicitly stated that it'd been recorded on the Hiroshima bombing Memorial Day (6th August).

P.S. I think he has also uploaded parts of the Tokyo '72 radio broadcast.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,900 Times in 22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floyd_zenith View Post
    Well, the taper of Recorder 3 has uploaded parts of the show on YouTube - AHM, GitC/CwtAE, Echoes
    or a consolidated version and he's explicitly stated that it'd been recorded on the Hiroshima bombing Memorial Day (6th August).

P.S. I think he has also uploaded parts of the Tokyo '72 radio broadcast.
    The taper of Recorder 3 has a point. It would be a story worthy of credit.
    On the other hand, the Recoder 4 reel says "August 7". This is another big mystery.

Was Recorder 1 in circulation from the beginning as an August 6th tape?

Thanks

Neat hope it all comes out with Green is the Colour, the youtube samples sound pretty good and could be cleaned up and balanced easily