Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Listen to Early Morning Henry featuring Pink Floyd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marksturdy View Post
    Well, it looks like Billy Butler himself may still be alive and living in Vancouver, if anyone can find some way of reaching him...

https://earlymorninghenry.wordpress.com/about/
    I live in Vancouver, and have been doing some pretty basic searching on how to contact Mr. Butler with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Seems like there is contact info on at least one of these

https://thechoptheatre.com/plays/sonic-elder/

https://www.bandmix.ca/billy-butler/ The one says age 63 but might still be him.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaMike View Post
    I live in Vancouver, and have been doing some pretty basic searching on how to contact Mr. Butler with no luck. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

It looks like he gigged as part of something called Sonic Elder, but that was in 2016, don't know if there's any ongoing link there.

This might be worth a try? https://www.bandmix.ca/billy-butler/

Thanks

Simultaneous Googling with Friend of Squirrels there!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,271 Times in 47 Posts

I asked David Parker what he thinks about this discovery since he is really first who discovered this episode in Floyd annals

"I think it's pretty cool 😊 The story definitely makes sense to me; it certainly explains why the title appears out of nowhere on the session notes. I have seen speculation in the past saying that the recording must have been unrelated to the Pink Floyd, but EMI was strict about such things back then, and if Norman Smith had recorded a different band, it would have been listed on a note or separate documentation of some form (like the occasion Syd took over a session originally booked for Pink Floyd in January 1968). I admit to being completely astonished that this has turned up now 😁"

I think youtube link with acetate already had been passed to Nick

Thanks

According to Modboy 1: "Of course it does (feature full song on the acetate), but that will belong to the person who buys the Acetate, all 3 Minutes and 55 seconds of it, which gets better the longer the song goes !!!

Thanks

Thanks

So... has anyone here tried to contact Billy Butler yet? I don't mind having a go if no one else has, but don't want the poor guy to be bombarded.

Thanks

So i got the word that official camp now is saying that this have nothing to do with Floyd and that seller tries to make a fast buck with it.

I should also remind that they denied that Floyd ever recorded soundtrack to John Latham film or confirmed that it's Pink Floyd playing in the film Dope (which is not).

Everyone will draw their own conclusions, i guess.
    Last edited by hallucalation; 2020-09-28 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 133 Posts

fwiw, to me the bass sounds very much like roger.. and there is a bit of piano in there so that fits, but i don't hear much guitar that sounds like syd nor do the backing vcls sound like the floyd? doesn't mean it's not them but it seems there's some good reasons to believe it is and some not unreasonable suspicions that it isn't!