Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Listen to Early Morning Henry featuring Pink Floyd

Thanks
    Thanked 4,271 Times in 47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marksturdy View Post

What I'm hoping for now is either a clear recollection from Billy Butler, or sight of the Jarmarnie Music catalogue that the seller is claiming holds the relevant info. Either that or Nick or Roger having a sudden return of memory.
    The sight of catalogue would had been extremely cool to see. I don't think Nick or Roger would claim that it's them even if they will remember that. Too much internal politics involved. For one thing Loasby is furious that someone is making money out of PF connection out of their pocket. Since his demanding to remove any mentioning of PF in auction...

Thanks

True, 'rejected' is probably a bit strong. But in the months after Emily there was clearly pressure for them to come up with another single, and the material they'd managed to record, as you say, wasn't suitable. As such, I think it's totally plausible (if a bit of a dumb idea) for Norman Smith to have asked Billy if he could come up with a hit for 'the boys' to record.
    In The Beechwoods was clearly the most suitable follow up to Emily which they recorded at Sound Techniques in August (along with 10 minute Reaction In G) but to which Syd refused to add his vocal. Then long ardurous sessions in search for follow up resumed.. The most weird thing is that Jugband Blues was really considered a single until their departure for America (it was mixed in Mono and even promo film was made) but then something switched up and they rushed to record new single from the scratch in two ardurous days before a forthcoming deadline.

We'll have to agree to differ on that one. She obviously wasn't there at the time. If Billy had come out with a conclusive 'Yes! I can clearly remember recording this with the Floyd and this is how and why it happened.... etc etc', I don't see what she would stand to lose by sharing this.
    Something put me off when i had read this. "I had a long conversation with my dad today about this song and he is not suffering any dementia and has vivid memories of all of it. Could you please give me the respect of waiting until he decides how he would like to proceed."

"Vivid memories" and "waiting until he decides how he would like to proceed" sounds exactly like he knows answer to this. I think he is well aware of legal attention that could follow in the wake of his confirmation from Pink Floyd and contemplating how to proceed. Just my 002.
    Last edited by hallucalation; 2020-09-30 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hallucalation View Post
    "You have to remember most of the musicians working in the scene were moonlighting around town. My dad might not have recognized the musicians he played with as being Pink Floyd per se."
    I think this is an important point, especially if there was anything "questionable" about Norman Smith's use of the studio time. If he offered Rick and perhaps Roger a bit of extra money to stick around and be Billy Butler's backing band for a demo, they might have simply been introduced to Billy by their first names, with no particular reason to point out that they were members of Pink Floyd. Why call attention to it, after all?

The biggest thing to come out of this, IMHO, is that we know now with reasonable certainty that Early Morning Henry is not a lost composition by Syd or another band member. Whether this particular recording has a couple band members on it or not, EMH is no longer in the same category as Have You Got It Yet?, She Was A Millionaire, et al.

...but I still find the similarities to Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast intriguing, especially since those portions of APB are almost certainly by Rick (IMHO), and I think he's the most likely band member to have been on this session. Hmmm.

Thanks

As a last-ditch effort, I've emailed Ken Scott, who was the engineer on the session. You never know....

Thanks

As a last-ditch effort, I've emailed Ken Scott, who was the engineer on the session. You never know....
    I have sent a message to Scott a couple of days ago, sent a mail to G. Povey and I will take a look in the Norman Smith self-biography in case of

Thanks

Default Listen to Early Morning Henry featuring Pink Floyd

Hi Mark
    I have now shown Keith Jordan of NeptunePinkFloyd the proof from the publishing database (as he was kind enough to publicise it in the first place).
    The database shows clearly that Pink Floyd were involved and all the other relevant information I provided.
    I can not share that database with the public as it is private and confidential and my contact at the publishing company who was kind enough to give that screen shot, said it will break their privacy laws if published (as it has some other Unknown and Unreleased Acetates mentioned in there), but Keith (who got it for “His Eyes Only”) can vouch for it.
    Last edited by PunkFloyd; 2020-10-01 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Corrections.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PunkFloyd View Post
    Hi Mark
    .... but Keith (who got it for “His Eyes Only”) can vouch for it.
    I did indeed see it. :-)
    Keith Jordan
    Neptune Pink Floyd

Thanks
    Thanked 34,348 Times in 423 Posts

PunkFloyd - welcome to Yeeshkul. Are you able to post the details of how Pink Floyd were involved here or only say that they were involved?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NeptunePinkFloyd View Post
    I did indeed see it. :-)
    You are lucky! I'm glad that truth is finally established.. once and for all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonknight View Post
    PunkFloyd - welcome to Yeeshkul. Are you able to post the details of how Pink Floyd were involved here or only say that they were involved?
    I can only say that they were involved, that is all.
    The list also have some unreleased David Bowie items, which are sensitive, and others.
    Look at the Unreleased Acetate I have just listed on Ebay by Barclay James Harvest, how did I know it is them? there is no mention of that song anywhere on their database.
    The reason I know is that I have about 30 Acetates by them which they have recorded for Ardmore & Beechwood Music publishing, but never came out.

The only reason I asked my contact at the music company to look into this track was because I thought it was David Bowie as it sounded so much like him, but did not want to sell it as David Bowie before I knew for sure and to my surprise it turned up to be something else, believe me I wish it was David Bowie rather than what not actually is.
    At least the mystery for the past 53 years has been solved, no it is not an amazing Psych freakout number or anything like that, it is a decent track with an interesting story behind it....
    Last edited by PunkFloyd; 2020-10-02 at 07:20 PM.