Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Listen to Early Morning Henry featuring Pink Floyd

Thanks

Love that concert on Cambridge Station, especially the first song that they have listed as Reaction in G, though I doubt it actually is Reaction in G.

Coming to Syd's Floyd, I am actually listening to all the Floyd stuff in chronological order and was listening to disc 2 of Cambridge/ Station. the Golden Circle show is just amazing.
    I also felt that, if we spliced the John Latham sessions in the middle of IO from London '66-'67, we'd probably have an equivalent of the legendary live version of IO that went on for half an hour![/QUOTE]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe59 View Post
    They originated from the WYWH sessions, not Piper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend of Squirrels View Post
    Raving and Drooling is actually the same chords and beat as Astronomy Domine and even has that sliding part with the f major shaped chord using the 3 high strings. There is another song on there that I believe is based on a Piper song though maybe my memory is wrong for there being two but there is one for sure. I have not listened to Animals in years.
    I stand by my statement.

Thanks

It is obvious that Raving And Drooling sounds like Astronomy Domine. Some of the major chords were turned to minor chords though Syd is still in the music even after he left the band. And why not they were great songs, who would not want to keep playing that in some way. Only odd thing is that Roger got almost all the credit on Animals. I guess Nick and Rick were a bit too uninterested in squabbling with Roger and what could Gilmour say as that all happened before his contributions. ��
    I stand by my statement.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Friend of Squirrels; 2020-10-24 at 01:18 AM.

Thanks

It is obvious that Raving And Drooling sounds like Astronomy Domine.
    I wouldn't define obvious as one person making an obscure connection, IMO. I dont recall anyone ever making this comparison before.
    Last edited by Roscoe59; 2020-10-24 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks

It is not my observation, I read about it years ago. Someone else pointed it out and I was a bit surprised I had not noticed it myself sooner. As a person who probably spent about 80 hours of my life working on Astronomy Domine for guitar lol for real, In my opinion it is a very clear similarity. Also sounds like they took some ideas from One of These Days too, and let's not forget the Dr Who song, they clearly grabbed some of that as well.

as one person making an obscure connection, IMO. I dont recall anyone ever making this comparison before.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

A small similarity between 2 songs across years is not the same as being from the same sessions. RaD is definitely not from the Piper sessions, the same way Bird in a Gale is not from the Animals sessions just because a part of it pays homage to the middle section of Dogs.

Would you say SOYCD Part IX is from the pre-Piper sessions because Richard included a small riff from See Emily Play?

Thanks

Who said they were from the same sessions? If you guys thought I was saying that then I had no idea you thought I was saying that. LOL. Of course I am not saying Animals is from the Piper sessions literally, however Roger clearly used the music from some Syd era songs. If you guys would like I can make a youtube video comparing the songs on guitar. Just got a new guitar and been thinking of doing something like that. Rick through that in there as a tribute, he was not using the whole song like they did on Raving and Drooling.

Would you say SOYCD Part IX is from the pre-Piper sessions because Richard included a small riff from See Emily Play?[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Who said they were from the same sessions? If you guys thought I was saying that then I had no idea you thought I was saying that. LOL.
    My post couldn't be clearer. My disagreement is with your statement that the connection is obvious.

Thanks

Maybe obvious was not the best choice of words considering I missed it myself lol. I will put up a youtube video of me playing guitar and comparing the two just for fun. Not like I have much else to do now that all the poker rooms are closed

My post couldn't be clearer. My disagreement is with your statement that the connection is obvious.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

The early versions of R&D from France seem to consciously have an early Floyd vibe, mainly due to the backing vocals (Rick? & DG) in the part which would become 'you better watch out' etc in Sheep. These vocals were gone by the UK tour.